Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444529 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2070 on: June 04, 2020, 09:17:11 pm »
Anyways I am done discussing this stuff....we keep saying the same shit over and everyone from their particular bent....let’s see who Biden picks

My prediction is Harris which is not a leap as she is the odds on favorite and has been since she dropped out!! Maybe even before

Then my other prediction is Biden will destroy Trump which is arguably a newer prediction since it responds to the covid19 debacle and recent events..before covid (and the tremendous economic impact) I thought Trump would win a tight one

And that’s all I got
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:21:37 pm by hutch »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2071 on: June 05, 2020, 02:28:24 am »
Also this half Asian thing is such a crock

Need I remind you Obama is half white

The sad reality is that fact may make Harris more palatable to many people

Another thing that’s great about Harris? She will eat Pence alive and can be ruthless in general something Biden is not prone (maybe able anymore?) to do

Obama married a strong, beautiful black woman who gave him more cred with Blacks.

how's this for a scenario: Biden picks Michelle Obama as his VP.  he serves his single term, and we then get 8 years of Obama v2.

i'd be OK with that.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2072 on: June 05, 2020, 08:22:11 am »
Also this half Asian thing is such a crock

Need I remind you Obama is half white

The sad reality is that fact may make Harris more palatable to many people

Another thing that’s great about Harris? She will eat Pence alive and can be ruthless in general something Biden is not prone (maybe able anymore?) to do

Obama married a strong, beautiful black woman who gave him more cred with Blacks.

how's this for a scenario: Biden picks Michelle Obama as his VP.  he serves his single term, and we then get 8 years of Obama v2.

i'd be OK with that.
Short of (possibly) Hillary Clinton, no VP would fire up the GOP voting base more to come out than Michelle Obama, who is so hilariously unqualified she makes Stacy Abrams look like a founding father.
LVMH

« Reply #2073 on: June 05, 2020, 08:35:50 am »
Yeah, Michelle, while she is great...zero government experience (worked for trump ;) )

I don't think we need to worry about the GOP voting base, they are coming out no matter what VP pick
But that base is only 35-40% of the voters...it's the people in the middle (in swing states) we need to be wary of
slack

« Reply #2074 on: June 05, 2020, 08:42:34 am »
 :P
Yeah, Michelle, while she is great...zero government experience (worked for trump ;) )
Trump has been an unmitigated failure in no short part because he was woefully unqualified. We are supposed to be the party of adults.
LVMH

« Reply #2075 on: June 05, 2020, 08:45:44 am »
Trump has been an unmitigated failure in no short part because he was woefully unqualified. We are supposed to be the party of adults.
I was hoping the  ;) would imply sarcasm...
slack

« Reply #2076 on: June 05, 2020, 08:51:56 am »
I was hoping the  ;) would imply sarcasm...
I couldn’t tell if you were saying his lack of experience (being an outsider) is part of what got him elected (“worked for him”) which is true. But his inability to even do the most basic functions of the office should’ve disproven the idea that someone from the business world can just walk in and run the office of the Presidency which I would hope is the lesson Dems take away and don’t do something stupid over the next decade like run Michelle, Oprah or Mark Cuban for President.
LVMH

« Reply #2077 on: June 05, 2020, 09:53:00 am »
could be Joni is going to pay a price too

recent polling
Iowa Senate GE:
Theresa Greenfield (D) 45% (+2)
Joni Ernst (R-inc) 43%
slack

« Reply #2078 on: June 05, 2020, 10:30:20 am »

recent polling
Iowa Senate GE:
Joni Ernst (R-inc) 43%
I gotta see some more polling before I believe this seat is seriously up for grabs. I still think Trump take Iowa easily and that rising tide is gonna float some boats.
LVMH

« Reply #2079 on: June 05, 2020, 11:51:05 am »

recent polling
Iowa Senate GE:
Joni Ernst (R-inc) 43%
I gotta see some more polling before I believe this seat is seriously up for grabs. I still think Trump take Iowa easily and that rising tide is gonna float some boats.
I agree...and it was an Emily's list poll...so not sure on the credibility
but it was still nice to see some cracks in the facade and possible senate takeover!
slack

hutch

« Reply #2080 on: June 05, 2020, 11:56:55 am »
Senate takeover ain’t coming by way of Iowa..

hutch

« Reply #2081 on: June 05, 2020, 03:36:24 pm »
I drove to Leesburg today

I swear people looked at me funny there for wearing a mask

90 minutes on America’s roads is all it took to remember how many assholes there are in this country

gavroche

« Reply #2082 on: June 05, 2020, 03:38:20 pm »

90 minutes on America’s roads is all it took to remember how many assholes there are in this country

Does this mean you are downgrading your prediction of a Biden romp?

« Reply #2083 on: June 05, 2020, 03:48:12 pm »

While you were in your car? Yeah, I look funny at car mask people too.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2084 on: June 05, 2020, 03:51:18 pm »
Yeah, Car Mask Guy is an idiot.

Unless.

Car Mask Guy is making multiple stops and doesn't want to touch the mask in between each stop.  Then Car Mask Guy is a public health icon.