Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 456793 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2055 on: June 04, 2020, 05:28:28 pm »
I just don’t know what Harris does to help Biden. He needs to shore up the youth vote. She does not.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2056 on: June 04, 2020, 05:44:52 pm »
He needs to shore up the youth vote.

or, at a minimum, get a boost in a swing state.  remind me where harris is from?...
<sig>

« Reply #2057 on: June 04, 2020, 06:10:24 pm »
He needs to shore up the youth vote.

or, at a minimum, get a boost in a swing state.  remind me where harris is from?...
This is my point. I do not understand what geographically or demographically she adds! She doesn’t move the needle for youth or women, or for women as much as Abrams does (a person whose resume is so wax paper thin I’m stunned she gets mentioned, but I digress...)
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2058 on: June 04, 2020, 06:29:36 pm »
I just don’t know what Harris does to help Biden. He needs to shore up the youth vote. She does not.

Who does? Joe Rogan, of course.

« Reply #2059 on: June 04, 2020, 06:40:39 pm »

Who does? Joe Rogan, of course.
I mean, Warren does. And for some reason, Stacy Abrams.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2060 on: June 04, 2020, 06:44:19 pm »
I do not understand what geographically or demographically she adds!

my reading is that kamala check the "minimum" box (female), and has a bonus of being POC.  that's good enough, and let's face it, biden is the candidate of good enough.  so while others might be even better than kamala, she is sufficient.  if biden has a personal preference for her (they work well together/have chemistry, has the policy chops he's looking for, etc.) then that might tip it.  i'm not saying i agree with this, just a plausible explanation...

Abrams (a person whose resume is so wax paper thin I’m stunned she gets mentioned, but I digress...)

as many rookie/inexperienced politicians have proven time and time again, the lack of a resume is a good thing.  nothing to attack.  certainly helped the orange buffoon defeat the trainwreck in 2016.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2061 on: June 04, 2020, 06:57:22 pm »
I don’t know what you guys are smoking

Picking someone to turn a state is pointless just as pointless as picking Kaine was (in the end)

https://theweek.com/speedreads/918128/republicans-are-reportedly-getting-worried-about-trumps-reelection-odds

Root for whoever your own pick is but at the end of the day all that matters i is it’s someone Biden is comfortable with (Obama too imo)

If we need anything it’s for black people - women- to stand in streets for 5 hours waiting to vote for Biden

I think a Black woman, even if half Asian etc , will do the trick

But it can’t be someone that the establishment and white Americans see as a threat to turn things upside down

Also can you seriously imagine a lot of raport between Joe and Val or Abrams? I don’t see it.. Joe and Harris I do

That’s my take..I think he will pick Harris but whatever

hutch

« Reply #2062 on: June 04, 2020, 07:03:02 pm »
Also why a black person? Because blacks delivered the nomination to Joe in a beautiful giftwrapped package with a nice bow! You think that doesn’t matter?

And after this week? You kidding me

hutch

« Reply #2063 on: June 04, 2020, 07:11:16 pm »
Also this half Asian thing is such a crock

Need I remind you Obama is half white

The sad reality is that fact may make Harris more palatable to many people

Another thing that’s great about Harris? She will eat Pence alive and can be ruthless in general something Biden is not prone (maybe able anymore?) to do

« Reply #2064 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:12 pm »

Another thing that’s great about Harris? She will eat Pence alive and can be ruthless in general something Biden is not prone (maybe able anymore?) to do
That is a key reason she is in contention
there is a good argument to have a bulldog as a VP to punch and attack from the side without sullying the record of the Candidate

I think she would eat pence alive and respond to every sad Team Trump tweet like a boss and make trump look small

She doesn't deliver a state, but seems that rarely helps

so does she depress the vote... is the question
slack

hutch

« Reply #2065 on: June 04, 2020, 08:01:35 pm »
The only base she doesn’t cover is the progressive one which Warren kind of does but if you don’t think some Sanders supporters are never going to forgive her...

The optics of Biden- Warren are terrible..two elderly white  people..I don’t care what polls say it will be perceived as a major slap in the face by black people who know Biden owes them everything..Not to mention she is annoying and Trump will continue eating her alive...never mind Biden and her do not share much ideological affinity and people will make hay on their differences

This election is going to be a walk for Biden anyways but if you want a guarantee try to rebuild the Obama coalition which was fairly moderate Democrat not progressive...Hillary’s big issue was blacks not wanting to stand in line for 5 hours in Philly, Milwaukee and Detroit..it’s that simple...

At least that’s the way I see it...

Space Freely

« Reply #2066 on: June 04, 2020, 08:53:20 pm »

Obama married a strong, beautiful black woman who gave him more cred with Blacks. Kamala married a white Jewish guy. He was also a community activist, she was law enforcement.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:03:21 pm by Space Freely »

Space Freely

« Reply #2067 on: June 04, 2020, 08:54:30 pm »

That is a key reason she is in contention
there is a good argument to have a bulldog as a VP to punch and attack from the side without sullying the record of the Candidate

I think she would eat pence alive and respond to every sad Team Trump tweet like a boss and make trump look small

She doesn't deliver a state, but seems that rarely helps

so does she depress the vote... is the question

Do people give a hoot about the VP debate?

hutch

« Reply #2068 on: June 04, 2020, 09:06:49 pm »
Well a bit..let’s say Biden falters in a debate..then it becomes slightly important

And whether people care the media writes a lot about the debates..a few days of bad press from a debate can hurt a little in the final weeks when a positive news cycle is more important than say now

Also Biden’s VP pick will get more scrutiny due to his being old

This is why less vetted candidates should be off the table..Abrams, Demings etc...number one thing is avoid a Palin

hutch

« Reply #2069 on: June 04, 2020, 09:12:23 pm »

Obama married a strong, beautiful black woman who gave him more cred with Blacks. Kamala married a white Jewish guy. He was also a community activist, she was law enforcement.

This is hogwash

What gave him credibility was he is black and was eventually perceived by blacks as being able to win

This idea that Obama was perceived as being only half black is baloney..maybe that’s the way you perceive him? But he was always the black man running for President, the black man who won Iowa, the first black president

I think you are projecting your own perceptions