Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443979 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2205 on: June 22, 2020, 08:24:42 pm »
There is a way better picture

I don’t get it..how is he supposed to look? He is in his 70s after a long late night flight!

People desperately reading too much into it..that he is washed up and knows it..

He is going to fight back...hard..could get scary

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2206 on: June 22, 2020, 08:39:27 pm »
HUSTORY
T.Rex

gavroche

« Reply #2207 on: June 22, 2020, 09:55:31 pm »
Kidding aside, the problem with Warren is the gymnastics that the D's have to do to hold onto her seat.  Cannot risk letting Mitch keep the Senate, even for 160 days.
I agree...the MA gov is a Republican and will certainly appoint a MAGA diehard and that will be bad
I believe the Dems are trying to quickly pass a “senate replacements must be someone of the same party” bill. But yeah, that’s in play.
never gonna happen
If I am not mistaken, MA Dems have veto-proof majorities in both houses of their legislature.

EDIT: I have confirmed.

I just think this kind of thing is a bad look as the Dems try to fight about Republican abuse of power in places like North Carolina.

gavroche

« Reply #2208 on: June 22, 2020, 09:57:11 pm »
Come on man it’s different to win the nomination on the backs of blacks (I am done saying African American but someone clue me in if I shouldn’t be..it is getting a bit ridiculous) than it is to get every black person out there - people that don’t usually vote in primaries-you can to vote in the general..to wait in line five hours! I happen to believe black women are going to get out more to vote if a black woman is on the ticket. This idea that they are going to en masse  come out to vote for Warren in the cities of Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc.    well. I just don’t see her maximizing the vote

Moreover doubling down on old and white just isn’t going to happen.

It just comes down to how you view 2016...why did Obama coalition break down? Which part needs the most shoring up..some people think we have to go for the imaginary Trumpers that could be swayed (they point to Klobuchar), others think it’s the progressive wing, etc

As far as Kamala Harris I listed her attributes a few weeks ago..we already did this...she is super vetted, experienced and ready to take over on day 2,  relatively young, good looking, sharpest tool in shed, can be effective attack dog, will whip Pence, etc

For what it's wroth, I've been told Black, capital B.  https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/20/associated-press-style-guide-capitalize-black
I used African American previously because I was talking about voters, but probably shouldn't have.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:59:47 pm by gavroche »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2209 on: June 23, 2020, 02:25:32 am »

I don’t get it..how is he supposed to look? He is in his 70s after a long late night flight!

that meme is about the caption, not about the picture.

People desperately reading too much into it..that he is washed up and knows it..

agreed.  am scared.
<sig>

gavroche

« Reply #2210 on: June 23, 2020, 09:10:28 am »

agreed.  am scared.

Is it just me (who admittedly doesn't like Biden much) or where Biden flubs his line and says "I'm coming to you for ask a quick favor."  And maybe it's worse because my default has CC on it so it really highlights. I admit to not being a Biden fan, but what I don't get is why not just re shoot?   Did they leave that flub in there on purpose, do they think it humanizes him or something?  I don't get it. Googling it to find the ad, and I guess I'm not the only one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLe_muSxbw

Space Freely

« Reply #2211 on: June 23, 2020, 09:29:56 am »

agreed.  am scared.

Is it just me (who admittedly doesn't like Biden much) or where Biden flubs his line and says "I'm coming to you for ask a quick favor."  And maybe it's worse because my default has CC on it so it really highlights. I admit to not being a Biden fan, but what I don't get is why not just re shoot?   Did they leave that flub in there on purpose, do they think it humanizes him or something?  I don't get it. Googling it to find the ad, and I guess I'm not the only one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLe_muSxbw

I think many Americans speak imperfectly like that.

gavroche

« Reply #2212 on: June 23, 2020, 09:48:48 am »

agreed.  am scared.

I think many Americans speak imperfectly like that.

100 percent agree. I can even see them leaving it in on purpose because they think it makes him seem more like "average Joe."  That's why I was curious if it bothered others.

I think it being the first line, and that they could have re-cut it bothers me.   Also, I only watch the first 5 second before hitting skip every time so it's the only thing I see.

And to me it reinforces the narrative that Biden is past his sell by date, but again... fully recognize that I come into this not liking him. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:06:36 am by gavroche »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2213 on: June 23, 2020, 12:37:04 pm »
And to me it reinforces the narrative that Biden is past his sell by date, but again... fully recognize that I come into this not liking him. 

and this makes biden worse than trump?  four more years?
<sig>

gavroche

« Reply #2214 on: June 23, 2020, 02:56:15 pm »

and this makes biden worse than trump?  four more years?

You gotta do what you gotta do right?

Kidding aside, when I hear it on youtube I find it a bit jarring every time and it's like every 3rd ad that I get right now. I guess I'm sort of alone on this one... so it's probably because I've never liked Biden much.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:59:16 pm by gavroche »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2215 on: June 23, 2020, 05:08:25 pm »
https://www.collegereaction.com/post/students-back-elizabeth-warren-for-biden-vp-pick

Axios polling of college students reveal a strong preference for Warren, even within the subset of POC.

It is truly stunning how she leads IN EVERY POLL and just outraised Obama (!!) in a fundraiser for Biden, yet it feels she has absolutely zero shot at the VP slot.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2216 on: June 23, 2020, 06:46:09 pm »
yet it feels she has absolutely zero shot at the VP slot.

quit being such a drama queen.  she is most definitely in contention, just isn't in first place according to some/many folks.  not being first <> not being in the race.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2217 on: June 23, 2020, 07:28:12 pm »

quit being such a drama queen.  she is most definitely in contention, just isn't in first place according to some/many folks.  not being first <> not being in the race.
I mean, do you know anyone who seriously thinks she’ll get it?
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #2218 on: June 23, 2020, 11:09:37 pm »

I mean, do you know anyone who seriously thinks she’ll get it?

To be fair, she absolutely causes some big Democratic donors to run for the Hills with her tax the rich and regulate the banks rhetoric.  Polls don't take any of that into consideration.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2219 on: June 24, 2020, 07:07:32 am »
the level of stupid, etc, etc, etc  on display last night in AZ was stunning

but a couple of bright spots out of NY yesterday in the Democratic primaries
T.Rex