Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 459333 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3720 on: November 19, 2020, 11:28:17 am »
1. Trump is the greatest presidential politician since LBJ
What? My perspective on LBJ and yours are VERY different.
I know, I didn't even want to acknowledge that statement
slack

« Reply #3721 on: November 19, 2020, 11:47:17 am »
The Trump campaign is dropping its federal lawsuit in Michigan that alleged voting irregularities and asked the court to stop certifying votes in Wayne County.
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3722 on: November 19, 2020, 11:47:39 am »
Looks like the Wayne County "patriots" are now worth 2 or 3 Stormys as they have reversed course on certifying those results... screw these people...

now they are reporting Trump called these "patriot" personally prior to them reversing their votes, can someone say interference...
T.Rex

« Reply #3723 on: November 19, 2020, 11:50:12 am »
Looks like the Wayne County "patriots" are now worth 2 or 3 Stormys as they have reversed course on certifying those results... screw these people...

now they are reporting Trump called these "patriot" personally prior to them reversing their votes, can someone say interference...
Putting the 'riot' back in patriot
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3724 on: November 19, 2020, 11:51:53 am »
The Trump campaign is dropping its federal lawsuit in Michigan that alleged voting irregularities and asked the court to stop certifying votes in Wayne County.

the fix is in... wonder what all the those white voters in Livonia (90% white by design) think about their votes not be counted... and lookout Dearborn is in that county as well which is predominately Muslim... 
T.Rex

« Reply #3725 on: November 19, 2020, 11:57:56 am »
So in his scorched earth way of thinking...do you think Trump will veto the spending bill and shutdown the government in December
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3726 on: November 19, 2020, 12:20:38 pm »
I have been running through in my head the prospect that Biden might after the mid-terms just say "hey, I ran as a transitional candidate, and I am not running again, what is the best way to help Dems hold onto the WH -- hand over the reins to Kamala so she can run with an incumbency advantage."

I think if Biden is (relatively) humble, this is low key a good idea, especially if he genuinely likes her and wants her to get the 2024 nomination. But doesn't that make the midterms uber critical? In this hypothetical, would we all be in agreement that if the GOP holds either the Senate or House, there is no way they confirm Kamala's VP replacement nominee? (Especially if they retake the House and have Speakership.)

Thoughts?
LVMH

« Reply #3727 on: November 19, 2020, 12:28:32 pm »
Can he just 'retire' mid term and give it to the VP?
and the senate has to confirm the new VP?
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3728 on: November 19, 2020, 12:28:52 pm »
oh the gift that keeps on giving... currently trending on twitter "Grosse Pointe Antifa"  because

I can confirm from texts shown to me that Wayne County Republican canvasser says she‘s received threats post-meeting.

She says they’ve come from both sides, the right & the left, specifically Antifa from Grosse Pointe.

Yes, Michiganders, you read that last part correctly

https://twitter.com/RubleKB/status/1329392868868419586?s=20

if you think Livonia is white hold on to your breeches regarding the Pointes... and full disclosure yes i spent part of my life living in the Pointes

T.Rex

analogfossa

« Reply #3729 on: November 19, 2020, 12:29:47 pm »
I have been running through in my head the prospect that Biden might after the mid-terms just say "hey, I ran as a transitional candidate, and I am not running again, what is the best way to help Dems hold onto the WH -- hand over the reins to Kamala so she can run with an incumbency advantage."

I think if Biden is (relatively) humble, this is low key a good idea, especially if he genuinely likes her and wants her to get the 2024 nomination. But doesn't that make the midterms uber critical? In this hypothetical, would we all be in agreement that if the GOP holds either the Senate or House, there is no way they confirm Kamala's VP replacement nominee? (Especially if they retake the House and have Speakership.)

Thoughts?

If he does that, I don't see Kamala winning 2024. Too many people would see her as "not following the proper channels" or "being gifted presidency". So long as we have the electoral college, I imagine our first elected woman president (vs transferred from P to VP) would be a Republican. Our country is not at progressive as we would like it to be.

« Reply #3730 on: November 19, 2020, 12:30:21 pm »
Oh I've seen the Cusack film and know all I need to know about Gross Point...killer soundtrack tho
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3731 on: November 19, 2020, 12:38:19 pm »
Oh I've seen the Cusack film and know all I need to know about Gross Point...killer soundtrack tho

that it kinda looks like a Chicago Suburb?
T.Rex

« Reply #3732 on: November 19, 2020, 12:55:34 pm »
Yes, Michiganders, you read that last part correctly
You can just say "Jules". I write Julian's America -- I know the demographic mix of Grosse Pointe.
LVMH

« Reply #3733 on: November 19, 2020, 12:57:18 pm »
Can he just 'retire' mid term and give it to the VP?
and the senate has to confirm the new VP?
He can retire and give her the Presidency any time after the Electoral College votes. But a VP vacancy (like if a VP dies or ascends to the Presidency), their replacement VP pick must be ratified by a majority of BOTH the House and Senate. Otherwise, it remains unfilled.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 01:01:05 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #3734 on: November 19, 2020, 12:59:01 pm »
Too many people would see her as "not following the proper channels" or "being gifted presidency".
That's a fair point. Its an interesting thought experiment on if the incumbency advantage (assuming COVID is effectively eradicated and the economy is on the upswing) outweighs the chum such a move throws to the GOPs base of sharks.

Like a woman of color ascending to the Presidency via death or retirement would cause 85% of talk radio pundits to have a stroke.
LVMH