Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444898 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3735 on: November 19, 2020, 01:05:49 pm »

total tangent...but what is an AnalogFossa?

The fossa is a cat-like, carnivorous mammal endemic to Madagascar. It is a member of the Eupleridae, a family of carnivorans closely related to the mongoose family Herpestidae. Its classification has been controversial because its physical traits resemble those of cats, yet other traits suggest a close relationship with viverrids.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3736 on: November 19, 2020, 01:09:26 pm »
I *believe* its Analog Foss A
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3737 on: November 19, 2020, 01:17:07 pm »
ok hopefully i can get back to posting about music soon.  i.e.  who will win the Welsh Music Prize tonight.. 

but there are no backsies allowed once they certified those votes, and the affidavits are just another stunt

it seems like they have dropped the suit to stop the certification... and the suit alleging fraud

p.s. have you heard the new Teenage Waitress album "Love & Chemicals"?  it's a fun romp of catch tunes...
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3738 on: November 19, 2020, 01:29:40 pm »

total tangent...but what is an AnalogFossa?

The fossa is a cat-like, carnivorous mammal endemic to Madagascar. It is a member of the Eupleridae, a family of carnivorans closely related to the mongoose family Herpestidae. Its classification has been controversial because its physical traits resemble those of cats, yet other traits suggest a close relationship with viverrids.

OTOH, a digital fossa is a small depression, cavity or pit in the bone of a finger or toe.

shemptiness

« Reply #3740 on: November 19, 2020, 02:17:21 pm »
Plan B was some scary end times shit...
Were these guys willing to die for this?

We need to get back to a 'well-regulated militia' part of the 2nd

in "at least we can laugh about it" news
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:23:44 pm by Rudy's hair dye ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #3741 on: November 19, 2020, 02:31:46 pm »
Plan B was some scary end times shit...
Were these guys willing to die for this?
I think I have said this on here before: this is literally all spelled out in white supremacist lit. Go read The Turner Diaries or any of the other big WS touchstones. They all purport the fantasy that it just takes a few people to start killing minorities/politicians publicly and a groundswell of the rest of white people will join in. Timothy McVeigh was all about this. This trashass thinking has a major foothold in rural Michigan. Its terrifying. I have a cousin who married into a weird family and they live like 90 minutes outside of Detroit in a compound "so the blacks cannot get in" and their kid (my second cousin) posts online these demented-ass comic books he draws about Barack Obama being the antichrist and how he (and some of our family members, "race traitors") are going to drawn and quartered by white armies soon.

Like there are tens of thousands of people who believe this shit in Michigan.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3742 on: November 19, 2020, 02:40:35 pm »
and it's been awhile, but This American Life did a story on how some of the seeds of the Tea Party were planted early on in Northern Michigan
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3743 on: November 19, 2020, 03:07:26 pm »
Wow it was closer than we thought

From wapo

here are the margins by which Biden won three critical states, as of Wednesday morning:
Arizona: 10,457
Georgia: 14,028
Wisconsin: 20,565
Total: 45,050

But if Trump had managed to get those 45,000 votes, he would have won 37 more electoral votes, making the electoral college a 269-to-269 tie. Under the Constitution, the election would have then been decided by the House of Representatives, with each state delegation getting just one vote. Even though Democrats have a majority in the House, more state delegations have Republican majorities. Trump would have been reelected.

Trump actually wouldn't have needed those 45,050 votes. He only needed one more than half of those margins. He would have needed 5229 in Arizona, 7015 in Georgia, and 10,283 in Wisconsin. So really he only fell 22,527 votes short.
Thats assuming people flip votes.

right.  the effect of a recount is rarely to flip a vote, rather they invalidate votes and/or discover missing votes.  it's not a zero-sum situation.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3744 on: November 19, 2020, 04:54:10 pm »
1. Trump is the greatest presidential politician since LBJ
What? My perspective on LBJ and yours are VERY different.

You don’t think LBJ was effective?!?

He just got worn out by Vietnam but he was a master politician...first in the house and then as president...how do you think all the legislation passed while he was president?

I mean really him and FDR are the two architects of modern America

Now Trump is different... he is a politician only interested in himself

hutch

« Reply #3745 on: November 19, 2020, 05:02:15 pm »
I mean have you guys listened to the LBJ White House phone calls? He knew how to govern...how to handle the levers of power...

Obama on the other hand was atrocious

hutch

« Reply #3746 on: November 19, 2020, 05:09:48 pm »
Oh and this idea Biden is going to cede power? Why? He has been trying to get elected president for over 32 years and now that he has done is going to anoint Kamala?

Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac...people don’t give it up... you have to take it from them

« Reply #3747 on: November 19, 2020, 05:11:23 pm »
I mean have you guys listened to the LBJ White House phone calls? He knew how to govern...how to handle the levers of power...

Obama on the other hand was atrocious
I agree on both these points. I thought you meant he was the greatest at the political act of getting elected President which, no. . .

LVMH

analogfossa

« Reply #3748 on: November 19, 2020, 05:12:59 pm »

« Reply #3749 on: November 19, 2020, 05:15:10 pm »
Ahh. Your accounts elsewhere capitalize the A at the end.
LVMH