Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444138 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2019, 10:38:21 am »
or Castro
This #julianforthefuture is really catching on ;)
slack

hutch

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2019, 10:44:22 am »
I think Space you have the wrong approach

Swing voters in today’s America???

The key is to drive up your base turnout....get people to vote who hate Trump...not try to find a needle in the haystack: an open minded white man in the Midwest who is having trouble deciding whether he supports Trump (are there many of these)

Hillary lost among other things cause black people could not be bothered to stand in line for her in the same numbers that did so for Obama in Philly, Detroit and Milwaukee

The old model of targeting the center is dead....fundamentally you have to get your base to turn out...give them something to stand in line for....not some milquetoast platform to target a few “swing voters”

At least that is the way I see it and I used to totally share your view Space

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2019, 11:01:18 am »
I think Space you have the wrong approach

Swing voters in today’s America???

The key is to drive up your base turnout....get people to vote who hate Trump...not try to find a needle in the haystack: an open minded white man in the Midwest who is having trouble deciding whether he supports Trump (are there many of these)

Hillary lost among other things cause black people could not be bothered to stand in line for her in the same numbers that did so for Obama in Philly, Detroit and Milwaukee

The old model of targeting the center is dead....fundamentally you have to get your base to turn out...give them something to stand in line for....not some milquetoast platform to target a few “swing voters”

At least that is the way I see it and I used to totally share your view Space

Well then you are more part of the Harris, Booker, and Castro school of thought than the Brown, Klobuchar, or Biden school of thought.

Who do you see as best able to turn out the black folks on election day? Harris is half Asian, married to a white Jewish man, and probably prosecuted a buttload of black people as attorney general. Castro has both an unfortunate last name, and an unfortunate first name. I guess that leave Cory. But he's a former college football player, and you said nobody likes football anymore.

hutch

« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2019, 11:01:36 am »
AOC has it exactly right....I see the Democratic Party heading in that direction...leftwards

A guy like Sherrod Brown has no hope of motivating voters to go out and vote...

Look at at Tim Kaine? In retrospect did he add anything to Hillary?

We need somebody to the right of Bernie but not by much...and younger

Trump voters know what they are voting for....what exactly is someone voting for Klobuchar or Brown voting for? Competence? Mild mannerism? Someone nice? Someone who can win statewide office in a red or purple state?

Yeah that sure gets voters excited there...

hutch

« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2019, 11:26:43 am »
Biden is one of a kind in that he might peel off some support in the middle but I know he is too old

I have no idea who should get nomination until they go through the paces

Kamala Harris has appeal at this point but who knows...a misstep after the town hall gives one pause (she should have stuck to her statement about insurance companies and not gone back on it)

Basically we need a Trump on the left

« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2019, 11:27:19 am »
Look at at Tim Kaine? In retrospect did he add anything to Hillary?
zero, I don't even think he delivered VA to Hill
she would have gotten almost exactly the same with out him on the bill

No such animal exists or ever could
Dems use their full brain, not just their medulla oblongata to make choices in the voting both
which is a shame as it would be so much easier to win if we could just stick to bumper sticker politics

I think the congress should come up with a sweet package
that give trump all the money for the wall, but massively increases funding for courts, facilities and agents at the border
but ALSO includes Democracy day or DACA finality

This is the leverage we need...Trump is desperate for this wall
So give it to him with stuff that will really help the dems long term, then he'll have a harder time Vetoing it...because...the wall
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:34:27 am by IsAnOption ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2019, 11:36:09 am »
Biden is one of a kind in that he might peel off some support in the middle but I know he is too old

Kamala Harris has appeal at this point but who knows...a misstep after the town hall gives one pause (she should have stuck to her statement about insurance companies and not gone back on it)

I think we need someone who can heal us from the damage Trump has done to the country. We don't need a Trump on the left.

hutch

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2019, 11:42:21 am »
Trump on the left

1. Good at Twitter / social media (connect and inspire voters while bypassing media)
2. Aggressive
3. Stamina
4. Polarizing (take a stand on issues even if it may trouble establishment, media or voters on the other side....even if pollsters tell you it’s hurting )

The only exceptions are immigration and terrorism on which nominee must try to dearticulate Trump strength

5. Never apologize...never change position once it is a position campaign adopts
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:50:52 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2019, 11:45:38 am »

I think we need someone who can heal us from the damage Trump has done to the country. We don't need a Trump on the left.

That ship has sailed....we ain’t going back

We need someone willing to bring a gun to a gunfight...not a pocket knife

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2019, 12:49:43 pm »
Justin Trudeau?

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2019, 01:40:26 pm »
Justin Trudeau?
Is Canada going to invade
apparently there is a border crisis and we were focusing on the wrong one!

I welcome the Canadian overlords!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2019, 02:29:46 pm »
Justin Trudeau?
Is Canada going to invade
apparently there is a border crisis and we were focusing on the wrong one!

I welcome the Canadian overlords!

prepare to watch hockey and eat beaver tails (like your previous overlord).
<sig>

« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2019, 02:56:23 pm »
so can you get a beaver tail in DC?
looks tasty

this is not a request to Relaxer how to find beaver or tail

also this is not a fun fact
The Barenaked Ladies once changed a lyric in their song at a concert from ‘if I had a million dollars’ to ‘if I had a million beaver tails.’
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:58:35 pm by IsAnOption ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2019, 04:12:52 pm »
Booker *is* a vegan. And he's dating Rosario Dawson, who's smoking hot. So he has those things going for him.