Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444374 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2019, 03:08:51 pm »
didn't he become a member before running?

I mean I get it...he was an independent his whole life and didn't have a single 'friend' in the democratic party (mostly his doing)
Still doesn't mean he can register as a Dem and run in their primary and let the voters decide
slack

hutch

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2019, 03:21:02 pm »

Still doesn't mean he can register as a Dem and run in their primary and let the voters decide

It doesn’t?

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2019, 03:25:57 pm »
what's your take on Bloomberg then...
he has been a life long republican (well, became an independent in 2007) but just joined the Dems in 2018
slack

gavroche

« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2019, 11:59:45 am »
Yeah I know it’s crazy for the Democratic Party to require people be - you know- members of the Democratic Party to run as its standard bearer for the highest office in the land...

They wanted to control the Senate and they need Bernie to increase the likelihood that they would.  Plus they didn't take him seriously

But in doing it, the Dems actually botched it both ways.  They let him run but tried to put their thumb on the scale for all to see.  Not a good look. 

Of course the party tries to put their thumb on the scale in races all the time.

How responsive they should be to voters versus well connected folks is a bigger discussion. Right now, the Party definitely tilts towards the donors.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:04:00 pm by gavroche »

hutch

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2019, 09:12:48 am »

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2019, 09:35:53 am »
wow...giving FL to the GOP (obviously a prediction two years ahead doesn't mean squat)

So are we thinking the felons are really going to have no impact in FL?
there are like 1 million and the elections have been only won in the thousands...
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2019, 09:41:42 am »
wow...giving FL to the GOP (obviously a prediction two years ahead doesn't mean squat)

So are we thinking the felons are really going to have no impact in FL?
there are like 1 million and the elections have been only won in the thousands...

Nothing like relying on convicted felons as your path to victory, lol.

« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2019, 10:00:27 am »
hey, felons are people too
if they have done their time, isn't that enough?

I wouldn't say that the dems are reliying on them, but how can it not have an impact on a state that has razor thin margins every election for the last few decades
Trust me the GOP was trying to kill that bill with all their might as they know it might tip the results

Flordia impact on our presidential election is insane....and isn't that ironic as Floridians are kind of insane too (check out: Florida Man (@_FloridaMan). Real-life stories of the world's worst superhero)
slack

hutch

« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2019, 10:01:12 am »
I think Trump will take Florida...it’s a reasonable prediction...Trump won comfortably in 2016 and Republicans have been winning statewide..Trump practically lives there...Both Florida and Ohio aren’t going to go blue unless it’s such a wave victory that they won’t matter

hutch

« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2019, 10:04:14 am »
Trump’s victory over HRC in FL was not razor thin

Anyways Republicans will do what they can to suppress the felon vote which is not exactly reliable ...counting on that vote is foolish...in addition to poor form

« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2019, 10:05:22 am »
trump took FL by only 100k votes..out of 9.5mil cast (bernie wasn't on that ballot)
while I don't think Felons are a reliable voting block...I still think it was a close call
plus half the people who voted for him have died or will die by 2020

now I don't think they should advertise or make a big deal about the felon vote as I agree it's bad form
but it's a reality that 1mil eligible, mostly like dem leaning voters... are now eligible in a state that was close

I'm sorry but 100k dif on 9.5 million votes is pretty close in my opinion
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:10:45 am by Defamatory Gist ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2019, 10:06:15 am »
Florida and Ohio are incredibly expensive states to campaign in and if I were the democrats I would be tempted to cede them

The map is a strong argument for Biden as Scranton Joe would have a leg up on other democrats in PA and PA is critical

hutch

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2019, 10:07:56 am »
You know Florida sidehatch....short of the three southeastern counties it’s Trump country...be realistic and stop relying on felons...

« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2019, 10:11:27 am »
You know Florida sidehatch....short of the three southeastern counties it’s Trump country...
Can't argue that...
slack

gavroche

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2019, 10:20:25 am »
hey, felons are people too
if they have done their time, isn't that enough?

I wouldn't say that the dems are reliying on them, but how can it not have an impact on a state that has razor thin margins every election for the last few decades
Trust me the GOP was trying to kill that bill with all their might as they know it might tip the results

Flordia impact on our presidential election is insane....and isn't that ironic as Floridians are kind of insane too (check out: Florida Man (@_FloridaMan). Real-life stories of the world's worst superhero)

Republicans in state are doing everything they can to stop the ballot initiative from being implemented.  Hard to say how many new voters will actually get added, so it's hard to say how many new votes this will actually be.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:22:54 am by gavroche »