Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443906 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #570 on: May 16, 2019, 09:21:14 am »
^good one.   As a Polish-American, I appreciate someone having our back ;) 
I'm concerned that the MAGA is exhuming the body of Archie Bunker...and he was the king of the polish jokes (related....the Polish ambassador was just assaulted Israel...although the Pols are trying to whitewash their involvement in the Holocaust...so I'm not backing the current administration by any means)

one last thing on going on Fox.  Dems have always had a messaging problem and if they don't go on Fox, they allow Fox to set the message.  I don't think they will net that many voters (but honestly we didn't really need that many), but they can stave off the insanity that fox drums up by putting words in the mouths of the dems and not allowing them to defend things that fox will continually accuse them of.
If you want to be the President of ALL America, you have to go where the people are, not avoid them
Also, going on fox is hard and they are going to get a coordinated attack on everything they stand for and if they come out without totally embarrassing themselves, they will be stronger candidates.
I agree that 95% of the people who voted for trump, will do the same...but if we can reach that 5%...that's the election. 

I have to say, this new immigration policy is actually something I can get behind
yes it doesn't address some of the other issues (the 11mil who are here now, Dreamers, the border)

but you have to start somewhere...So far on first glance, I agree with this
Yikes

What shocks me a little is SMiller was involved and was for sure thinking it was going to be more radical (as I'm sure the base wants)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:34:43 am by Do-over hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #571 on: May 16, 2019, 10:23:18 am »
I asked my wife what she though about Warren not going on Fox and she said "She should do it. Bernie did it."

Doesn't Warren run the risk of being HRC 2.0 by snubbing "the deplorables?"

« Reply #572 on: May 16, 2019, 10:48:41 am »
new rule: if any more Dems announce their candidacy, they have to play "yakety sax" while climbing out of a clown car.
yes that is the proper name of that song...but I think we can all agree that it's the 'Benny Hill Theme song' and give the show/man some props to making this song a part of the cannon of modern music ;)
really is a great background song for any type of mayhem

the wiki on this is a great read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakety_Sax
hit #35 on the UK rock charts in 63!...prior to Benny hill
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:54:04 am by Do-over hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #573 on: May 16, 2019, 12:03:22 pm »
I asked my wife what she though about Warren not going on Fox and she said "She should do it. Bernie did it."

Huh? We are at the primaries not general stage...

« Reply #574 on: May 16, 2019, 12:30:51 pm »
So you make a good point on this

but I kinda feel like we also need to act a little like we are in the general and not drive so hard to sell to our base, but appeal to those on the outside edge of the base that might consider selecting D in nov 2020
(because everyone is paying attention to the dems even if they are not planning on voting for them)

I think there are a lot of people who have been voting republican against their own interest and just sucked in by the culture war
Maybe if we try to rise above the culture war (HA!) and part of this election should be to gently show them that we are looking out for them
slack

nkotb

« Reply #575 on: May 16, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »
I couldn't recall if she said this during the primary or general election, so while I was looking up the date, I realized I had completely forgotten that Tim Kaine was her VP lol

hutch

« Reply #576 on: May 16, 2019, 12:42:23 pm »

but I kinda feel like we also need to act a little like we are in the general and not drive so hard to sell to our base, but appeal to those on the outside edge of the base that might consider selecting D in nov 2020
(because everyone is paying attention to the dems even if they are not planning on voting for them)

I think there are a lot of people who have been voting republican against their own interest and just sucked in by the culture war
Maybe if we try to rise above the culture war (HA!) and part of this election should be to gently show them that we are looking out for them

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUyZXhLHMk

nkotb

« Reply #577 on: May 16, 2019, 12:46:28 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaiyjh1dGk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUyZXhLHMk

nkotb

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #579 on: May 18, 2019, 11:09:02 am »
“Biden Dirty” needs to become a thing. I don’t know what that thing is — a never-Biden cry by the progressive wing, an urban get-out-The-vote campaign by Biden’s team, something else entire — but someone needs to grab this an run with it.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #580 on: May 18, 2019, 01:06:56 pm »
“Biden Dirty” needs to become a thing. I don’t know what that thing is — a never-Biden cry by the progressive wing, an urban get-out-The-vote campaign by Biden’s team, something else entire — but someone needs to grab this an run with it.

"after that scare, my underpants weren't just soiled - they were Biden dirty".
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #581 on: May 21, 2019, 10:48:39 am »
😐 🎶

« Reply #582 on: May 21, 2019, 10:52:45 am »
^ that's enough to get my vote
slack

« Reply #583 on: May 21, 2019, 11:22:38 am »
Ok on the important stuff...who's got the best merch

I like Julian's

I'm not really sure what this is trying to tell potential voters?

Got some good pun'sters at Joe's camp

Sawell is the only one offering shoelaces

Marianne...get a new art director please

Yang really should be using an uncut member as his logo...not sure about what this is about

I like that mayor pete is helping us pronounce his name

Not from his campaign, but I like it

Warren has some interesting merch

this one's a little dark
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:27:18 am by Do-over hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #584 on: May 21, 2019, 12:22:15 pm »
Cup 'o JO...like the sound of that