Author Topic: The Mueller report thread  (Read 31925 times)

nkotb

Re: The Mueller report thread
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2019, 09:31:58 am »
I have it on good authority from my sources that Donald Trump will be stepping down from office effective 2:30 ET today. Buckle your seat belt, folks.

hutch

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2019, 09:39:45 am »
That’s my boy Barr. Great Job. No collusion or anything. Watch on #FoxNews live

hutch

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 09:42:44 am »
Not even coordination by anyone in Trump campaign.

WOOT!!

I just sealed my reelection

Watch live on #FoxNews

hutch

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2019, 09:52:02 am »
We are even letting Congress look at unredacted report!!!

#TrumpTrain

Watch live on #FoxNews

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2019, 11:08:44 am »
donny love your GOT themed tweet!  Does this mean 2020 will kind of be like the Red Wedding?

Odd how you can say that when we STILL haven't even seen the report.

also I love how you are instucting people to watch this only on certain channels FOX and OAN (you really should be looking for a kick back from those guys for all the free press you are giving them)

hadn't heard of this until you mentioned it https://www.oann.com/
is this the new infowars without all the super crazy conspiracy theories

This was an interesting review of the spectacle...

"Bill Barr has decided ... he's fine with his legacy being the AG who took one for the team."@niWallace "It's like parent saying, yeah, my kid vandalized the school but he was frustrated..."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:33:39 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2019, 11:36:29 am »
news is reporting: Redacted Mueller report released

feel free to read it yourself
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/18/708850903/read-the-full-mueller-report-with-redactions
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:43:22 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »
yes this is satire, but some good stuff

President Trump did nothing wrong, I think
By Alexandra Petri 
(this is her tagline...)
Columnist offering a lighter take on the news and opinions of the day

*Attorney General William P. Barr steps to the lectern.*

Hello, everyone. I am here to repeat the words “no collusion” as many times as I can without sounding suspicious, but first, I would like to thank Rod Rosenstein. He is here standing behind me. He had plans to step back from public service before I came along and asked him to assist me. Then again, some would argue that by assisting me, he did not perform a public service. Anyway, he is here.

I would also like to thank Robert Mueller for making this report for me to redact. I feel like it is a joint creation between the two of us. He is not standing here with me today. Instead, there is a bearded man who, no doubt, is familiar to you all. I will certainly not introduce him at any point. I will leave his identity to your imagination! Worst-case scenario, this will just accustom you to seeing strange facts without context, something that will help you as you consume the report!

The good news is that, although the Russian government did interfere in the 2016 election with hacking and disinformation campaigns, it did not do so literally at the behest of the Trump campaign, in my opinion. Was that the opinion of the Mueller team? Who can say? But if it wasn’t, it should have been, I think. Make no mistake, Russia did interfere to help him, but this effort was just sort of a fun lagniappe. Nobody asked for it.

Really, it was like when you are just sitting on a couch trying to have a nice time and your cat unexpectedly brings you a dead bird. (In this scenario, the dead bird is the American people.) You did not expect it! You don’t even want it. But the cat seemed to think it was a nice gesture. Well, that is how Donald Trump feels about winning this election. In brief, this was not at all coordinated. Anyway, as I think anyone who has been watching the Trump presidency can see, this is not a man who expected to win.

Some more words about the president’s feelings: Speaking as the attorney general of the United States, whose function is to defend the law of the land and not the person of the president, I would like for just a minute to defend the person of the president. You see, he has a lot of feelings and is facing an unprecedented situation. His pain is real, and we should respect it. He has been very frustrated and angry, and, I think, sincerely so. As I have learned from my years in close communion with the law, being very frustrated is a great legal defense against wrongdoing.

Between you and me, he is so lonely. I wish I could convey to you the unspeakable loneliness of his position. The president is not a well man. His doctor, a real doctor, has said we are to keep him from shocks — shocks such as seeing his name in the same sentence as the word “collusion” unaccompanied by the word “no,” or really any sudden experience of extreme feeling. This is why we must not let him stare too long at art that is particularly moving, lest its beauty knock something loose in him and destroy his system entirely. So I ask: If we, if any of us, can just do our part to spare him from hearing the awful word “collusion” that distresses him so much, is there any price we would not pay? Is there any sacrifice we would not make?

I will now take questions.
Q: Where is Mueller?
A: My friend with the beard is here!
Q: What do you say to people who say that you are going out of your way to defend the presidented, talking about how he faces ‘an unprecedented situation’?
A: I would say, is there another precedent for it?
Q: . . . No.
A: Boom! QED! *runs a victory lap around the room, high-fiving anyone who will accept it, but no one will*
Q: Where’s Mueller? Isn’t this Mueller’s report?
A: NO! IT IS MY REPORT, MINE! HE DID IT FOR ME! I AM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL! No more questions, goodbye.
slack

hutch

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2019, 02:17:14 pm »
That’s good!!

Who was the bearded dude?

nkotb

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 02:34:48 pm »
I'm being told my source lives in mountain time, so hold onto your hats for 4:30 ET, gang.

I have it on good authority from my sources that Donald Trump will be stepping down from office effective 2:30 ET today. Buckle your seat belt, folks.

nkotb

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 04:15:28 pm »
It's taking more time to pack his things than my sources assumed. Looking like tomorrow morning by 10 am.

I'm being told my source lives in mountain time, so hold onto your hats for 4:30 ET, gang.

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 05:27:14 pm »
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2019, 06:45:32 pm »
I am not much paying attention to really, like all of this here report.  I take it, like some new tv show I am not watching, because I can not, keep up with everything else out there.  I know a little bit about the report, and what it is trying to prove . . . then I don't really care all of a sudden.  I find it amusing; like a wonderfully wound novel of what life is all about. 

I know the rich and powerful, control everything, and the poor and underprivileged cannot ever make it . . . but I don't know what to do about it, so I just work my job and pretend everything is ok by coming home, drinking a beer, thinking about what the world would be like if everybody just loved everyone else and fully supported everyone else, as if our planet is playing a universal game of futball. 

viva earth, bitch . . . viva earth.

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2019, 11:26:20 pm »
slack

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 08:44:52 am »
not sure why I thought that if people read this report they would see in black and white
1. Trump is dishonest
2. Trump tried to obstruct justice, multiple times
3. Trump asked others to lie/break laws for him...some did and are in Jail now, some didn't because they knew better...but he still asked!
4. Trump knew the Russians were doing something nefarious...and did not inform the FBI

Instead all I hear from the Right, pundits and elected officials
1. It's over, exonerated, no collusion, why are we still talking about this
2. Obama knew about the Russians in 2014, why aren't we holding him accountable
3. This smear campaign to take down this honest hero of America is just reprehensible

Obviously there is a lot more to come
slack