Author Topic: The Mueller report thread  (Read 31550 times)

gavroche

Re: The Mueller report thread
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2019, 06:19:44 pm »
then impeachment

It’s embarrassing as the only thing that will take him down is the ballot box

The question is whether impeachment helps take him down at the ballot box.  Pelosi thinks no.  I am not alone in thinking having the investigation, and the additional information they are likely to find (including making it more likely that they get his tax returns), would help them in 2020.

You can make credible arguments either way, depending on what history you think is relevant.  That said, I think doing it further away from the election would be more beneficial to them and that they have probably missed their window.

This is all about winning in 2020 though (it's not like anyone wants Pence).   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:21:23 pm by gavroche »

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2019, 08:24:23 pm »
(it's not like anyone wants Pence).
you know I don't like pence and there would be some serious religion in gov't stuff I wouldn't like
but I would take him over Trump for sure
there is no way he'd win reelection
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2019, 09:05:18 pm »
You would take Pence over, mister faking it for fun Trump?  I, hate you, for realz.  Either you understand why Pence is the dark hole,  or I, still hate you.

« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2019, 08:47:18 am »
pence is one backwards m-fer.  but he would not be as bad as trump

he wouldn't be able to get gay-concentration camps approved although the ten commandments might end up on my drivers license

He wouldn't be the cult of personality that trump is and wouldn't be able to get anything done
slack

nkotb

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2019, 09:22:25 am »
Maybe...I do worry that through like a contact high, he'd have some residual MAGA strength, especially if Trump was removed or died (KILLED BY THE DEEP STATE).

But my bigger worry is getting a psycho like him in office, who adheres to the Norms, would have most Dems bending over backwards to work with him, and breathing a sigh of relief that, while we may disagree on policy, it's nice to have things sane again. I mean, they already give Trump a blank check all while mentioning that he's a unique horror that's propped up by foreign governments.

EDIT: Quick edit to confirm, however, that if Trump does die, I'm immediately heading to the first bar I can find and buying a round for everyone.  Fuck these pigs.

pence is one backwards m-fer.  but he would not be as bad as trump

he wouldn't be able to get gay-concentration camps approved although the ten commandments might end up on my drivers license

He wouldn't be the cult of personality that trump is and wouldn't be able to get anything done

Space Freely

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2019, 09:28:16 am »
Be careful what you say on the internet.

nkotb

« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2019, 09:31:09 am »
Renditioned to a Black Ops site for Truth

Be careful what you say on the internet.

K8teebug

« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2019, 10:07:54 am »

vansmack

« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2019, 02:41:36 pm »
It's the duty of congress to impeach.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/impeachment-trump/580468/

Such a bold, straightforward statement: "With a newly seated Democratic majority, the House of Representatives can no longer dodge its constitutional duty."

Then the author immediately explains it isn't actually true:

"Although the process is fairly clear, the Founders left us only vague instructions about when to implement it."

The Speaker of the House is under no compulsory, statutory duty to start an impeachment process.  Even the author agrees "This is where the dual nature of impeachment as both a legal and a political process comes into sharpest focus."  And he cited the leading authority on the case from the Nixon days, Bill Weld: "In the end, Weld came to believe that impeachment is a political process, aimed at determining whether a president has fallen short of the duties of his office."

But the author does a fantastic job at revisiting the history of impeachments in the US.  I really enjoyed that part.
27>34

« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2019, 04:02:25 pm »
well, well, well and we thought this was done

Howell rules that DOJ must provide the House the grand jury material redacted form Mueller's report by Oct. 30.

also in this The key quote from Howell: "Even in cases of presidential impeachment, a House resolution has never, in fact, been
required to begin an impeachment inquiry."

I know....this means nothing and all the original unredacted copies will go missing or something
slack

vansmack

« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2019, 07:13:27 pm »

I'm not making any comment until I get to read the full report, and I'm still confident that will happen. 

Now, just let me read it for myself...

Just going to move this back up near the top....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2019, 08:01:38 pm »
The most important document you may ever read

so this got, like, zero press... wtf?

(apologies if this has been posted previously)
<sig>

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2019, 01:51:18 pm »
The most important document you may ever read

so this got, like, zero press... wtf?
it got some press, but there were so many bombshells coming out from the Impeachment inquiry and giuliani's goons (happened like a day after) that it was hard to digest more than 10 news items a day

The report corroborates past findings that's the problem...no big headlines to run
There were GOP people on this committee too...but the party line at the GOP is protect the president, so that means, we can't have any focus that might be on Russia and the elections

and the GOP redoubled it's efforts to 'investigate the investigators" which now has evolved into "Where’s the Whistleblower?" and the "House is not following the 'rules'"

George Conway's tweet on this was spot on
George Conway @gtconway3d
“The bank’s being robbed!” You take your phone, and you tweet at the NYPD that there’s a bank robbery in progress. (That’s hearsay, by the way.) The cops come, they interview the witnesses, they get video of the crime, and they even get confessions from the robbers.

They don’t talk to you. And they don’t need to. They have all the evidence they need.

For the same reason, Congress doesn’t need to talk to the whistleblower. They have many other witnesses. They have the memo of your call. And you, Rudy, and Mulvaney have all confessed.
slack

« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2020, 11:26:38 pm »
this thread was getting dusty...in all the coronavirus frenzy...this might have gotten missed

BREAKING:  Dems are going to get the unredacted material from The Mueller Report.

will it actually matter? 
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2020, 01:02:24 pm »
this thread was getting dusty...in all the coronavirus frenzy...this might have gotten missed

BREAKING:  Dems are going to get the unredacted material from The Mueller Report.

will it actually matter? 

not a bit.  i mean, they're not going to find anything game-changing in there.  i'm sure they'll find a few embarrassing details and they'll attempt to weaponize it, but what the hell is going to stick to teflon don?  nothing so far, why would that change?
<sig>