Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386111 times)

Space Freely

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2020, 12:11:55 pm »
Heilung I forget but you work in public health?

Good stuff..thanks

I dont. But I'm highly selective about where I get my info.  This is a great source. Sign up for their situation reports!

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/resources/COVID-19/index.html

Does it mention the 10 second test?

hutch

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:00 pm »

Good stuff..thanks

I dont. But I'm highly selective about where I get my info.  This is a great source. Sign up for their situation reports!

Well I sure appreciate it

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:07 pm »

Good stuff..thanks

This is false. Our director of nursing (I'm in population health) specifically called this out in our board call today. Source: World Health Organization.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2020, 12:20:32 pm »
Brazil president who just shook Trump’s hand has it

Messi in quarantine

My guess is a lot of people have it but don’t know cause we are not important enough to get tested

hutch

« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2020, 12:24:10 pm »
Julian when are you submitting to your test?

hutch

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2020, 12:26:33 pm »
Now they are sayingBolsonaro is negative

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2020, 12:27:27 pm »
Julian when are you submitting to your test?
Every employee had to fill out a questionnaire for submittal to DMAS. None of my answers triggered a test.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2020, 12:50:46 pm »
If most of us are going to get the virus, wouldn't it be better to get it earlier than later, especially if you only get it once?

I mean, the younger you are, the better. No better time than now.

And might as well get it now, before the hospitals are overrun.

haven't you heard about "flattening the curve"?  the idea is that if everyone gets sick all at once, it'll overwhelm the healthcare system and healthcare workers will be forced to make who-will-live-and-who-will-die decisions, as is currently the case in italy.  the goal is to space (!) out the rate of infection, so the same total number of people pass through hospitals but not all at the same time.  rushing to the hospital is risky both for yourself and for society in general.

and being a month younger or a month older isn't going to affect your outcome.

if only to pander to Jules, here is a U of MI article about flattening the curve.

<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2020, 12:52:39 pm »

Good stuff..thanks

This is false. Our director of nursing (I'm in population health) specifically called this out in our board call today. Source: World Health Organization.

Yes, I 100% know this. I'm just posting it to mock my in-laws. I'm one of those "lucky" people who gets a hall pass to hate on his in-laws because his wife hates her parents.

Space Freely

« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2020, 12:54:46 pm »
If most of us are going to get the virus, wouldn't it be better to get it earlier than later, especially if you only get it once?

I mean, the younger you are, the better. No better time than now.

And might as well get it now, before the hospitals are overrun.

haven't you heard about "flattening the curve"?  the idea is that if everyone gets sick all at once, it'll overwhelm the healthcare system and healthcare workers will be forced to make who-will-live-and-who-will-die decisions, as is currently the case in italy.  the goal is to space (!) out the rate of infection, so the same total number of people pass through hospitals but not all at the same time.  rushing to the hospital is risky both for yourself and for society in general.

and being a month younger or a month older isn't going to affect your outcome.

if only to pander to Jules, here is a U of MI article about flattening the curve.

I was assuming the vaccination is 20 years in the making. Better to get it when I'm 52 instead of 65 or 70.

« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2020, 01:12:35 pm »
I'm one of those "lucky" people who gets a hall pass to hate on his in-laws because his wife hates her parents.
Somehow I knew this. If someone said "hey, do you think Celeste hates her parents," I would instinctively go "yes, of course" without having the slightest bit of info about the parents.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:02 pm »
I'm one of those "lucky" people who gets a hall pass to hate on his in-laws because his wife hates her parents.
Somehow I knew this. If someone said "hey, do you think Celeste hates her parents," I would instinctively go "yes, of course" without having the slightest bit of info about the parents.

To be fair to my wife, her parents *were* piss-poor parents. You would hate them too if they were your parents.

« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:57 pm »
LOUISIANA has postponed the presidential primary due to the Coronavirus.
I think the whole tues day should be internet/mail in or postponed
slack

« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2020, 01:21:49 pm »

To be fair to my wife, her parents *were* piss-poor parents. You would hate them too if they were your parents.
Fair enough.
LVMH