Author Topic: 2022 - dems in disarray thread  (Read 93478 times)

2022 - dems in disarray thread
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:20:26 am »
So looking like the Dems will get creamed in the House, Senate and the states in 2022...is there anything we can do.  Or do we just get popcorn and watch it all burn

Hershel is polling 4 points over warnock
Leading dem Finkenauer  off Democratic primary ballot in Iowa
Fla, new residents are overwhelmingly MAGA at the same time Florida legislators give DeSantis their power to draw House map

what other depressing news do we have
slack

Starsky

Re: 2022 - dems in disarray thread
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 10:29:46 am »
Are Democrats in disarray?

I mean they are going to get creamed but I think it’s due to a combination of factors some of which are beyond Democrat control

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 11:28:32 am »
Are Democrats in disarray?
they are if they  cede power to the GQP at state and federal levels

NYtimes pitchbot love this phrase, so I'm stealing it from them
slack

Starsky

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 11:31:50 am »
I think a majority of the American people are in disarray.

People get the government they deserve.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 11:54:43 am »
slack

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 12:05:50 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkalahoma where the laws are getting stricter every day

Oklahoma’s Republican Governor signs near total abortion ban into law. It’s now a felony to perform an abortion in the state, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

It’s the most restrictive abortion law in the United States.
slack

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 11:25:53 am »

Leading dem Finkenauer  off Democratic primary ballot in Iowa

Thankfully this got reversed
But can Abby beat a 89 year old for a 6 year term
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 06:06:31 pm »
I, ignore politics now.

I'm happier, and couldn't give a shit who's in charge. Except Trump; fuck him, still.

Starsky

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2022, 06:41:32 pm »
+1

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2022, 08:15:11 pm »
Really !?!?

Have you not been paying attention to what’s happening in Jesusland destined to hit the rest of the country ?

I.e.. firing squads in NC, math textbooks being rejected in Florida for teaching critical race theory, a bill passed in Kentucenesee that makes it a crime for the unhoused to live under bridges, public libraries and education under attack, abortion being banned… up next going after gay and mixed race marriage

Basically destroying what few gains have been made and all the advantages these selfish aging baby boomers were given

Yes far to much time spent on Twitter
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 08:08:44 am »
Spent a few days in Asheville…great food I thought..

Forms part of NC’s 11th congressional district whose last three representatives have been Heath Schuler, Mark Meadows and Madison Cawthorn…. Sort of sums up the evolution of American politics over the past twenty years right there…

Read a local paper and wanted to cry…type of things like a letter to the editor asking Biden to resign and turn over power to Ron Johnson, Rubio etc…crazy columns focused on the left being a bigger danger to America than Russia or China…

So what’s the point of worrying about this stuff? Better invest your time looking into options to emigrate or something.

Space Freely

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 08:45:04 am »
I don't think all 80 million people who voted for Biden have the resources to emigrate.

Starsky

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2022, 09:00:25 am »
My heart breaks for the Americans who will not be able to make it out. I wish they had it as easy as the Ukrainian people.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2022, 09:11:07 am »
Spent a few days in Asheville…great food I thought..

Forms part of NC’s 11th congressional district whose last three representatives have been Heath Schuler, Mark Meadows and Madison Cawthorn…. Sort of sums up the evolution of American politics over the past twenty years right there…

Read a local paper and wanted to cry…type of things like a letter to the editor asking Biden to resign and turn over power to Ron Johnson, Rubio etc…crazy columns focused on the left being a bigger danger to America than Russia or China…

So what’s the point of worrying about this stuff? Better invest your time looking into options to emigrate or something.
Asheville is super gerrymandered if you look at a map. Asheville/Black Mountain/Arden are wildly progressive (only the Raleigh-Durham triangle is moreso in NC), they're just tossed into a map with a bunch of WNC that waters down the city so much that GOP have the district on lock. A major point of contention.
LVMH