Author Topic: 2022 - dems in disarray thread  (Read 97042 times)

Hutch

Re: 2022 - dems in disarray thread
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2023, 06:38:53 pm »
Sarcasm meter activated

« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2023, 08:23:39 pm »
To be clear… they were elected but never served

39-year-old Laughton was formerly a Democratic representative in New Hampshire, first elected to the legislature in 2012. He became known as the first openly transgender individual to hold public office in the United States, but withdrew before taking the role when it was revealed that he had served four months in prison in 2008 on a felony conviction for identity and credit card fraud and falsifying physical evidence.

But this will surely be used as … all Dems and all trans are actually pedos…so we should enact laws to restrict both trans and Dems
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 08:25:17 pm by SideH@tchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #424 on: July 22, 2023, 09:01:22 pm »
To be clear… they were elected but never served.

39-year-old Laughton was formerly a Democratic representative in New Hampshire, first elected to the legislature in 2012. He became known as the first openly transgender individual to hold public office in the United States, but withdrew before taking the role when it was revealed that he had served four months in prison in 2008 on a felony conviction for identity and credit card fraud and falsifying physical evidence.

But this will surely be used as … all Dems and all trans are actually pedos…so we should enact laws to restrict both trans and Dems

To be clear, he was elected multiple times and did serve. Creepy people on both sides of the political divide.

After the sentence related to the 2008 conviction was exhausted, Laughton was allowed to run for office again in 2019. He was elected selectman in 2011, 2019, and 2021. He was also elected state representative in 2020.

Laughton won his most recent election in November of 2022, but he resigned less than one month after securing the seat following scrutiny for yet another criminal conviction. It was learned that just two months prior to his election, he had been charged with violating a stalking order that had been from an unidentified woman.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 09:07:10 pm by Space Freely »

« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2023, 11:11:45 pm »
Not excited that the dem leadership is pushing election lawyer Marc Elias to the side

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/31/biden-marc-elias-democrats-election-lawsuits

I won’t deny he does go for headlines, but he has been very effective and really fights hard when it comes to voting cases

and we need more of that!

It’s the one front that Dems should never compromise on, election laws and how they are enforced is so critical. 

So many elections are won on the margins and if it’s one thing the GOP has some mad skills in, it is figuring out exactly how to win on the margins.  If there are more people/votes that want to elect GOP  representatives… sobeit

But I’m convinced they are exerting minority control of the entire nation by winning elections on slim margins where they did just enough to suppress the vote
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 11:17:31 pm by SideH@tchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #426 on: August 08, 2023, 08:25:35 pm »
Ohio Republican effort to subvert democracy fails. Ohio Issue 1 defeated!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2023, 08:55:38 pm »
Ohio Republican effort to subvert democracy fails. Ohio Issue 1 defeated!
Its really telling as these solid red states vote on abortion and NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE. has banned it.
LVMH

« Reply #428 on: August 09, 2023, 10:05:56 am »
slack

Hutch

« Reply #429 on: August 09, 2023, 11:18:52 am »
You’re so agreeable

« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2023, 02:30:07 pm »
Say it isn’t so Joe…

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin says he is “thinking seriously” about leaving the Democratic Party and declaring himself an Independent before the 2024 election.
slack

nkotb

« Reply #431 on: August 10, 2023, 02:44:37 pm »
I never understood what the benefit of having him be in the party if he's constantly voting against the party line. Controlling the Senate doesn't mean much if he's voting against you.

Hutch

« Reply #432 on: August 10, 2023, 02:51:04 pm »
Seriously? Manchin was the only reason we controlled the senate, the committees and could get appointees through… he might vote against some bills but he’s still important. There is no way it’s accurate to say he votes against all democratic bills, nominees etc

Do you know how our system of government works? I find progressives seriously delusional. It’s a living miracle that Manchin is senator from WVA.

Dude, it’s like when you were spouting Hillary and Trump are the same. You just don’t get it.

nkotb

« Reply #433 on: August 10, 2023, 03:13:01 pm »
LOL I'm not sure I ever said HRC was the same as Trump.  She's awful in her own special way, but I still held my nose and voted for her.

Controlling the senate is a good talking point, but if this one dipshit is able to get the Biden constantly rollover on his climate agenda* or can kill others, like the child tax credit, do you really control it? 

And if his vote is so overwhelmingly for Biden's agenda, do you really think that change is his party affiliation does?  Give me a break man.

Manchin sucks, and can go kick rocks.  What he calls himself isn't going to change that for the better or the worse.

* I mean, we all know Biden is as much of a climate denier as the rest. Manchin's just a nice cover.

Seriously? Manchin was the only reason we controlled the senate, the committees and could get appointees through… he might vote against some bills but he’s still important. There is no way it’s accurate to say he votes against all democratic bills, nominees etc

Do you know how our system of government works? I find progressives seriously delusional. It’s a living miracle that Manchin is senator from WVA.

Dude, it’s like when you were spouting Hillary and Trump are the same. You just don’t get it.

Hutch

« Reply #434 on: August 10, 2023, 03:33:43 pm »
Yes you control it if you have a majority and in a tie the VP breaks it giving you the majority. Doesn’t mean senate passes every bill you like. Heck you could have 55 senators and bills you prefer might not get passed. Would you then say Democrats don’t control the senate?

You can’t seriously tell me you don’t realize that if Republicans had the majority in the senate things would be very different.

Essentially you are saying the Biden presidency is a failure because we can’t pass some legislation you favor. The idea government is just about passing bills - and in particular bills you like- is preposterous.

Dude I don’t think you want me to check the historical record on the inanities you said about Hillary.