Author Topic: DC is NEXT!!!  (Read 18415 times)

sonickteam2

Re: DC is NEXT!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2004, 02:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by JGatz:

IRELAND LEADS THE WAY

thats funny, isnt it? Last time i heard that was when "The Joshua Tree" came out.   :D

ratioci nation

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2004, 02:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Balls?:
  Triple the taxes on the condecending, "We're cooler than the suburbanites" city dwellers who insist on having a DC address and ,as payment for the conveniences of living in the city. Call is a Coolness Convenience tax.

most of the shit on this board comes from the suburbanites, I guess it is an inferiority complex

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
 most of the shit on this board comes from the suburbanites, I guess it is an inferiority complex
personally, suburbanites generally freak me out. I think people move to the suburbs because they are unable to share their space with others.

or they are afraid of the colored folk  :)

mankie

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2004, 02:38:00 pm »

Triple the taxes on the condecending, "We're cooler than the suburbanites" city dwellers who insist on having a DC address and ,as payment for the conveniences of living in the city. Call is a Coolness Convenience tax.

most of the shit on this board comes from the suburbanites, I guess it is an inferiority complex [/b]
Remind me again what's so cool about the female business suit wearing, polo shirt with collar up, beige pants and boat shoe'd, 1 lawyer for every 6 residents ratoi'd, we think Irelands 4 P's is an authentic Irish bar assuming...DC?

markie

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
Remind me again what's so cool about the female business suit wearing, polo shirt with collar up, beige pants and boat shoe'd, 1 lawyer for every 6 residents ratoi'd, we think Irelands 4 P's is an authentic Irish bar assuming...DC? [/QB][/QUOTE]

they all live in the 'burbs

godsshoeshine

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2004, 02:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

personally, suburbanites generally freak me out. I think people move to the suburbs because they are unable to share their space with others.

or they are afraid of the colored folk   :)  [/b]
again, dc is different. i live in an apartment building larger than any in dc. and not that many white people live there...but anyway...

pittsburgh has a commuter tax. it was like $10 a year.
o/\o

eltee

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2004, 02:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

or they are afraid of the colored folk   :)  [/b]
You are pretty colorFUL...

mankie

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

Remind me again what's so cool about the female business suit wearing, polo shirt with collar up, beige pants and boat shoe'd, 1 lawyer for every 6 residents ratoi'd, we think Irelands 4 P's is an authentic Irish bar assuming...DC? [/b]
they all live in the 'burbs [/QB][/QUOTE]

So you mean the burbanites are the ones making DC 'cool'.

markie

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2004, 02:49:00 pm »

So you mean the burbanites are the ones making DC 'cool'.
If that is what you call "cool"?

ratioci nation

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2004, 02:50:00 pm »
 Remind me again what's so cool about the female business suit wearing, polo shirt with collar up, beige pants and boat shoe'd, 1 lawyer for every 6 residents ratoi'd, we think Irelands 4 P's is an authentic Irish bar assuming...DC?
thank you for making my point, that most of the people bringing up "dc is cool or not" issues on this board are the suburbanites, rarely do I see city dwellers on this board talk about how cool life in the city is unless somebody has talked bad about it first, and I for one hate the 4 P's, but we have been through that before

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »
When I move to VA, my train commute will be 45 mins each way. I am not sure how much of that is within District lines (probably well under half), so I guess I should add another .5 hours per day round trip spent in DC.

I work 8.5 hours a day,
You forgot commuting time within the district. I bet that is going to be at least an hour each day. that would take you closer to 1/4 of your time. [/b]

markie

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2004, 02:56:00 pm »
 [QB] When I move to VA, my train commute will be 45 mins each way. I am not sure how much of that is within District lines (probably well under half), so I guess I should add another .5 hours per day round trip spent in DC.

so you work in the DC train station?

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »
But in real life, away from the board...

Wouldn't you say that more city dwellers talk down in regard to the suburbs and suburbanites than suburbanites talk down in regard to the city and city dwellers?

That's been my observation...

thank you for making my point, that most of the people bringing up "dc is cool or not" issues on this board are the suburbanites, rarely do I see city dwellers on this board talk about how cool life in the city is unless somebody has talked bad about it first, and I for one hate the 4 P's, but we have been through that before [/b]

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2004, 03:00:00 pm »
My place of work is a 15 second walk from Union Station....directly across the street.

[QB] When I move to VA, my train commute will be 45 mins each way. I am not sure how much of that is within District lines (probably well under half), so I guess I should add another .5 hours per day round trip spent in DC.

so you work in the DC train station? [/b]

ratioci nation

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2004, 03:08:00 pm »
  But in real life, away from the board...

Wouldn't you say that more city dwellers talk down in regard to the suburbs and suburbanites than suburbanites talk down in regard to the city and city dwellers?

That's been my observation...

go post it on craigslist rants and raves then, whats the point of having a conversation on here if people are just talking to people who aren't even here, I for one would never seriously tell people they are not cool because they live in the suburbs, I tell people that all the time, but it is joking with my friends then