Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193771 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »
once again, obama shows he's a different type of politician, running a different type of campaign. . .errr. . . maybe not.  hey, i understand why he's doing it, but maybe he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to do it or use such groups in the first place. . .
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
interesting that there are 527 groups making ads for mccain. whole worlds gone mad
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »
Thanks for reminding me to get that check in.  I'm even going to do it in honor of you...

Which address shall I have them send the thank you to?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  once again, obama shows he's a different type of politician, running a different type of campaign. . .errr. . . maybe not.  hey, i understand why he's doing it, but maybe he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to do it or use such groups in the first place. . .
i don't get your first point.  he's forgoing public financing, so he needs to work a little harder at raising cash since he can't let the national party do it for him.  is this somehow different from what he said?  i don't remember him saying anything about his campaign financing that would be "different".  to me, it seems you're attacking something for being not "different" when he never said it would be different.  it is, however, a tad worrying that his financing strategy isn't working out as well as he hoped it would.

as for the 527s, it just means that he's beginning to sink to the GOP's level.   he's not as much better as the republicans as he claimed to be... but he's still better    :D
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »
It will be OK if after the ad runs he denounces them publicy.  That's what Bush taught us anyway...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #320 on: September 09, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »
   maybe he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to do it or use such groups in the first place. . .
Should he have sued them, denounced them, and then met with them?
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

i don't get your first point.  he's forgoing public financing, so he needs to work a little harder at raising cash since he can't let the national party do it for him.  is this somehow different from what he said?  i don't remember him saying anything about his campaign financing that would be "different".  to me, it seems you're attacking something for being not "different" when he never said it would be different.  it is, however, a tad worrying that his financing strategy isn't working out as well as he hoped it would.

as for the 527s, it just means that he's beginning to sink to the GOP's level.   he's not as much better as the republicans as he claimed to be... but he's still better     :D  [/b]
oh, perhaps you've forgotten that obama said he'd use public financing if the republican nominee agreed to public financing, which mccain said he would and obama knew it.  guess what  happened?  

like i said, i understand why he did it, but he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to do it in the first place.  

as for the 527s, again, obama made clear that he didn't want to use them, but now that it's becoming bumpy, he's moving ahead with them.  his campaign going into this election season was premised that he's a different type of politician, yet time and time again, he's proving that's he's just the same old type of politician.
OU812

Venerable Bede

« Reply #322 on: September 09, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

maybe he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to do it or use such groups in the first place. . .
Should he have sued them, denounced them, and then met with them? [/b]
how dare you use a forbes.com article against me.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

as for the 527s, again, obama made clear that he didn't want to use them, but now that it's becoming bumpy, he's moving ahead with them.  his campaign going into this election season was premised that he's a different type of politician, yet time and time again, he's proving that's he's just the same old type of politician.
Uh, McCain did the exact same thing, and under the same pretenses.  The only "Maverick" thing he did was to physically meet with them.  Hell, even W was smart enough to send Dick.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »
  how dare you use a forbes.com article against me.
Come on...I used Wapo and Huffington as well.

No weak sauce here.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
you know what joke doesnt write itself? lipstick on a pig...well at least not any longer
o/\o

azaghal1981

« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:00 am »
Talk about a huge misstep.
 Yeah we all know what he meant by that comment and that McCain used it a few months ago but that won't stop McCain's people from pouncing on it repeatedly and using it between now and the election.
 And...it'll work.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  you know what joke doesnt write itself? lipstick on a pig...well at least not any longer
احمد

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2008, 09:43:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

[qb]    he's not as much better as the republicans as he claimed to be... but he's still better     :D  [/b]
Yeah, it's like deciding if you'd like herpes or just good old fashioned crabs.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Talk about a huge misstep.
 Yeah we all know what he meant by that comment and that McCain used it a few months ago but that won't stop McCain's people from pouncing on it repeatedly and using it between now and the election.
 And...it'll work.

i dont know, he may have overplayed his hand here. i'd come up with an ad right away along the lines of john mccain: so out of touch he doesnt even know what he's said

folks hate when you twist around country-ish phrases like that
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2008, 10:25:00 am »
Does anyone really give a f*ck about earmarks?  Who presided over the policies that led to a $407 billion deficit AND that didn't even pay for a properly functioning government.  That's real money.

Also, its telling that mccain and the president are trying so desperately to co-opt obama's ideas.  Change.  Transferring troops to afganistan.  Chasing Bin Laden after all these years.  They react . . . but don't act.

Obama should jump on the idea that McCain is embracing Change . . . and how that makes sense since he looks like he's changed from a so-called maverick to another rove-crafted neocon lobbyist.