Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193772 times)

sonickteam2

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Talk about a huge misstep.
 Yeah we all know what he meant by that comment and that McCain used it a few months ago but that won't stop McCain's people from pouncing on it repeatedly and using it between now and the election.
 And...it'll work.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  you know what joke doesnt write itself? lipstick on a pig...well at least not any longer
[/b]
if america is going to vote because of crap like this, its no wonder why you guys pick shitty leaders.  

who cares why the dollar is in the pooper, lets just make sure our next president doesnt make any un-politically correct remarks!

dumb

vansmack

« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by very sonick:
  if america is going to vote because of crap like this, its no wonder why you guys pick shitty leaders.  

What do you mean "you guys"?
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »

I agree with Gods Shoeshine on this one.

This is not John Kerry, who would let it fester for three days before a response.

"Spare me the phony outrage."

Perfect.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

What do you mean "you guys"? [/b]
Americans.

Arthwys

« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
   There's one thing that I wonder about however.  The female Republican base.

Immediately after watching Palin's speech in Ohio when she was first announced, I realized that she is going to be adored by every rural down home republican wife in the country.  I have a hunch that there are a great deal of women out there in "America's heartland" that are die-hard about supporting their way of life.  We're talking the part of the country that hunts, goes to church, farms, joins 4-H and FFA, and fills small towns everywhere from the mountains of Idaho to the swamps of Georgia.  How many of these women that are social conservatives but have never been political going to up and vote this time simply because of Palin?  I think it'll be a far from negligible number.

I'll admit I have no idea of stats on this demographic, whether most of them tend to vote or not, but I sense this could be huge.  Beware the "hockey/soccer/football" moms of middle America.
Washington post just ran a story saying precisely what I was saying a week ago.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/09/AR2008090903045_pf.html
Emrys

Venerable Bede

« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »

I agree with Gods Shoeshine on this one.

This is not John Kerry, who would let it fester for three days before a response.

Perfect. [/b]
i have no doubt that he was not referring to palin with the lipstick on a pig any more than he was referring to mccain with the next line about an old fish.

but. . .i think it's obvious obama should have chosen better metaphors, especially considering palin's lipstick line at the convention.  and the republicans are gonna use it. . .the same way the dems would use any stupid off-the-cuff remark by any republican. . .macaca, anyone?  

and we'll see if the mccain campaign overplayed. . .probably, but can't really tell right now.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  i think it's obvious obama should have chosen better metaphors, especially considering palin's lipstick line at the convention.  
I'm not so sure it wasn't done intentionally.  
 Using a line that everyone knew would would spark controversy knowing full well that you had the defense of saying "Many Republicans have said the same thing..." to simply point out the hyper-sensitivity of the Republicans around the woman issue is not a bad play.  Start pointing out the boy who cries wolf so that if there really is a wolf someday....

Obama's Response was perfect.  It wasn't an apology, and it shouldn't have been.

But you're right, only time will tell if the Repubs over played their hand or the Obama response doesn't get the same air play tonight.  But I think it will pay dividends later when Biden steps in it...

Oh, and Nancy Pfotenhauer is quickly becoming my replacement for Karl Rove on whatever list I have/had him on.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  Wrong woman, wrong message, indeed.

God, I love Gloria Steinem.
paglia responds
OU812

Venerable Bede

« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

i think it's obvious obama should have chosen better metaphors, especially considering palin's lipstick line at the convention.  
I'm not so sure it wasn't done intentionally.  
 Using a line that everyone knew would would spark controversy knowing full well that you had the defense of saying "Many Republicans have said the same thing..." to simply point out the hyper-sensitivity of the Republicans around the woman issue is not a bad play.  Start pointing out the boy who cries wolf so that if there really is a wolf someday.... [/b]
are you saying that this is potentially a trap?  surely he could have come up with something more clever.
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »
i just didnt realize that pitbulls were so easily offended
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
  paglia responds
TLDR.
27>34

« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »
While her rants usually bore me, this one was interesting.

paglia responds
TLDR. [/b]

azaghal1981

« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

Yeah we all know what he meant by that comment and that McCain used it a few months ago but that won't stop McCain's people from pouncing on it repeatedly and using it between now and the election.
 And...it'll work.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  you know what joke doesnt write itself? lipstick on a pig...well at least not any longer
[/b]

who cares why the dollar is in the pooper, lets just make sure our next president doesnt make any un-politically correct remarks!

dumb [/b]
Yes, a lot of voters are in fact that dumb.

But Obama did respond perfectly and swiftly which I didn't expect him to do.
احمد

Venerable Bede

« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

Perfect.
so, how should obama react to  this?
OU812

azaghal1981

« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2008, 07:15:00 pm »
I know this has nothing to do with anything but wtf kinda name is Trig? Will her next kid be named Calc? Or Tangent?
احمد