Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193795 times)

vansmack

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  his worldview! take that charlie gibson, bark bark
My mother-in-law, who probably hates me as much as any woman I've never slept with, called Smackette last night after that question and said "Tell [vansmack] that I'll be voting for his candidate.  That woman doesn't know anything."  Charlie.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #436 on: September 12, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  his worldview! take that charlie gibson, bark bark
My mother-in-law, who probably hates me as much as any woman I've never slept with, called Smackette last night after that question and said "Tell [vansmack] that I'll be voting for his candidate.  That woman doesn't know anything."  Charlie. [/b]
i'm going to assume that you are referring to palin's not understanding gibson's  question about the bush doctrine and not the  substance of the  policy.

one more fun  link.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #437 on: September 12, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  i'm going to assume that you are referring to palin's not understanding gibson's  question about the bush doctrine and not the  substance of the  policy.

one more fun  link.
I didn't ask her specifically, Charlie, but...I...think...she...might have been, um, referring to this one, which I'm pretty sure, Charlie, is not English:

PALIN: Now, as for our right to invade, we're going to work with these countries, building new relationships, working with existing allies, but forging new, also, in order to, Charlie, get to a point in this world where war is not going to be a first option. In fact, war has got to be, a military strike, a last option.

Charlie.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #438 on: September 12, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »
clearly mrs smackie-in-law is a sexist
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #439 on: September 12, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »
charlie
o/\o

Sage 703

« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »
David Frum, from National Review, on Sarah Palin's interview:

Palin Reviewed

She's under-informed and over-confident.

But there was no "macaca" moment, so she survives.

Those who wish to believe in her will continue to believe in her.

As for the rest - well it's a 6 in 7 chance that McCain makes it to the end of his first term. That's pretty good!

David Frum's Diary on National Review Online

manimtired

« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »
lets compare palins "charlies" to obamas "ums" from both their appearences last, um, night.

ratioci nation

« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »
instead, lets compare how many times each one linked iraq and 9/11

manimtired

« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »
are you libs more afraid of mccain or palin? it seems palin..amirite?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

one more fun  link.
I didn't ask her specifically, Charlie, but...I...think...she...might have been, um, referring to this one, which I'm pretty sure, Charlie, is not English:

PALIN: Now, as for our right to invade, we're going to work with these countries, building new relationships, working with existing allies, but forging new, also, in order to, Charlie, get to a point in this world where war is not going to be a first option. In fact, war has got to be, a military strike, a last option.

Charlie. [/b]
again, how is that different from obama's position?  or, are you just criticizing her syntax?

August 2007

"So the second step in my strategy will be to build our capacity and our partnerships to track down, capture or kill terrorists around the world, and to deny them the worldâ??s most dangerous weapons. I will not hesitate to use military force to take out terrorists who pose a direct threat to America."
OU812

Relaxer

« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  lets compare palins "charlies" to obamas "ums" from both their appearences last, um, night.
What an intelligent and poignant comparison to make when we're involved in two wars, the economy is in the shitter, and numerous foreign crises abound.

But yah, let's talk about verbal tics. That's the best you've got.
oword

godsshoeshine

« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
so you like obama's position?
o/\o

Sage 703

« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »
McCain Lies on the View today:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/09/mccain_talks_up_palin_as_a_ref.php

Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Friday running mate Sarah Palin has never asked for money for lawmakers' pet projects as Alaska governor when in fact she has sought nearly $200 million in earmarks this year.

McCain made the comments as he appeared on the ABC television show "The View" as part of his effort to woo women to his candidacy.

The Arizona senator said the GOP vice presidential nominee would be good for the country because she would reform government, and specifically cited curbing federal spending for earmarks.

When pressed about Palin's record of requesting and accepting such money for Alaska, McCain ignored the record and said: "Not as governor she didn't."

manimtired

« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

What an intelligent and poignant comparison to make when we're involved in two wars, the economy is in the shitter, and numerous foreign crises abound.

But yah, let's talk about verbal tics. That's the best you've got. [/b]
i guess you didnt put my post in context of the last couple posts.  please shut up.

« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
One is a hotheaded jerk, and the other is a clueless hockey mom. Both have talent, but neither are presidential material.

are you libs more afraid of mccain or palin? it seems palin..amirite?