Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193833 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #645 on: September 18, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »
when you run for public office - and especially when you're running for the highest office in the land - you should expect additional scrutiny.  the republicans have a track record of considering themselves above the rules, use of un-official e-mail accounts to conduct official business is par for the course.  seriously folks, do we want another 4 years of such deceptions?

speaking of hiding information: John McCain's health records must be released.  i haven't been following this story closely, but based on that video it appears that mccain hasn't provided enough info about his fitness to be president... and his fitness is in question.
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #646 on: September 18, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
 This trend continues:

Real Clear Politics Poll of Polls - 9.17

Today's Gallup poll has Obama up by 2 points.  I may revise my prediction above and guess that Obama will be up 4-6 points going into the debates.
Hmmm....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110473/Gallup-Daily-Obama-48-McCain-44.aspx

ratioci nation

« Reply #647 on: September 18, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »
since when is guessing a password hacking?

Most hackers are narcissistic libertarians anyway.

« Reply #648 on: September 18, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »
this is the type of person who is going to determine the election outcome:

That sentiment is echoed by Beth Seidel, a factory worker in Cleveland who works the third shift so she can take her son to school and then to practices for the four sports he plays. Pausing recently at a Wal-Mart, she said: "Honestly, I don't know what to do. I really don't want to vote for McCain. You can tell he only cares about rich people. Sarah Palin wears glasses that cost $300. McCain's wife wears Gucci clothes. Which means they don't know anything about people like me." Into that stew of assumptions, she adds: "I hear that Obama's a Muslim. If he is a Muslim, that would be a problem, because the terrorists already attacked us." (He's not.)

Cali

« Reply #649 on: September 18, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Also, what kind of idiot conducts official business with a Yahoo account?
she derserves what she gets.

Sage 703

« Reply #650 on: September 18, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
And we want to trust Sarah Palin with the vice presidency?

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/09/palin-e-mail-ha.html

"As detailed in the postings, the Palin hack didn't require any real skill. Instead, the hacker simply reset Palin's password using her birthdate, ZIP code and information about where she met her spouse -- the security question on her Yahoo account, which was answered (Wasilla High) by a simple Google search.

The simplicity of the attack, of course, makes it no less illegal.

The hacker said that he read all of the e-mails in the Palin account and found "nothing incriminating, nothing that would derail her campaign as I had hoped. All I saw was personal stuff, some clerical stuff from when she was governorâ?¦. And pictures of her family."

This kid is clearly an idiot who shouldn't have done this.  But this is alarming that getting into her email was this simple.

Mobius

« Reply #651 on: September 18, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

This kid is clearly an idiot who shouldn't have done this.  But this is alarming that getting into her email was this simple.
Well isn't that more of an issue with Yahoo email security than with Sarah Palin?

Sage 703

« Reply #652 on: September 18, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:

Well isn't that more of an issue with Yahoo email security than with Sarah Palin? [/b]
If you're governor of a state and using that email address for official state business, are you really going to put something THIS simple as your security question?  Maybe a better point - would you even USE a security question?

And the obvious point - don't use a freakin' Yahoo email address when you're governor or running for VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #653 on: September 18, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »
Yup, hacking is illegal.  So is bypassing Alaska's laws regarding Government records and communications.  So I'd call it even.

I don't know the details of Alaska law, but if you work for Uncle Sam and you're using personal email for work purposes and using sloppy password techniques, you can get fired...  I imagine state laws are not unsimilar.

I've lost track of Palin scandals... apparently her eldest preggo daughter was known as "makeout queen" as early as 15 years old, and is a confirmed pothead.  

Normally I'd say good on her (and you can sort of understand why Levi saw this party gal and decided he'd like to tap that -- although weaseling your way into a guv'nor's daughter's knickers is likely a bad move whether Republican or Democrat).   None of it would be anyone's business were it not for Republican sanctimony on these issues.  If you're going to tell others how to live their lives, then I'd say your own personal life is fair game if it's not in sync with your preaching.
_\|/_

Mobius

« Reply #654 on: September 18, 2008, 10:11:00 pm »

Originally posted by Mobius:

Well isn't that more of an issue with Yahoo email security than with Sarah Palin? [/b]
If you're governor of a state and using that email address for official state business, are you really going to put something THIS simple as your security question?  Maybe a better point - would you even USE a security question?

And the obvious point - don't use a freakin' Yahoo email address when you're governor or running for VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. [/b]
Well its two separate issues.  If she's using Yahoo to circumvent government accountability than its all on her.  And she sucks.  But are there specific emails showing this?  I'm not sure (didn't read them and haven't read stories).  If there aren't then . . . well. .  . she should have nothing to hide.  I mean she's a clean living Christian raising a clean living Christian family . . . right??

Venerable Bede

« Reply #655 on: September 18, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »
this is my final post on this topic. . and the responses to my previous post here have simply re-inforced my belief about this election.....this is truly a sad day for democracy and freedom.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #656 on: September 19, 2008, 01:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  this is my final post on this topic. . and the responses to my previous post here have simply re-inforced my belief about this election.....this is truly a sad day for democracy and freedom.
that is rich

Mobius

« Reply #657 on: September 19, 2008, 07:44:00 am »
haha. . . everything was right on target until yesterday.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #658 on: September 19, 2008, 08:15:00 am »
it's reinforced mine too - that political fanboys and fangirls will stick by their party no matter what, including going against the party line.  people will distort, ignore, try turning tables through vapid counter-accusations, feign indignation, refuse to discuss the issue, and generally do whatever it takes to maintain their core belief... everything except admit that the other side has a valid point.

sad day for democracy and freedom (of thought) indeed.
<sig>

« Reply #659 on: September 19, 2008, 08:17:00 am »
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.