Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1315791 times)

TheREALHunter

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3390 on: April 02, 2019, 08:03:03 am »
Billy Idol/Steve Stevens show was fun in spite of the fact that we had assholes next to us and behind us and security did jack shit about the cunts filling up the aisles down front to shoot pictures/video the entire show

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3391 on: April 02, 2019, 10:06:31 am »
I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 2 weeks ago. I was really against even reading the book, but my friend was working on it, so I took advantage to cheap(er) house seats. I loved it. Interesting to see Harry Potter on the stage, and it definitely didn't feel like my sister and I were there for 6 hours. In between, went for ramen at Ippudo, which never disappoints.

I loved it too. Went in with negative to zero expectations. Thai in between.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3392 on: April 02, 2019, 11:36:57 am »
BSO? my boyfriend played the piano parts (about 20 notes)  ;D

I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 2 weeks ago. I was really against even reading the book, but my friend was working on it, so I took advantage to cheap(er) house seats. I loved it. Interesting to see Harry Potter on the stage, and it definitely didn't feel like my sister and I were there for 6 hours. In between, went for ramen at Ippudo, which never disappoints.
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #3393 on: April 02, 2019, 12:28:03 pm »
The play on broadway...but cool about your BF!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3394 on: April 04, 2019, 11:21:40 am »
BOCC

I only saw 1/2 of opener, Christian Lee Hutson, but I liked what i saw/heard.
Other than the first song, which didnt land with me, I really liked lalalala and slugs (which is lalalala and the opener).
BOCC were really fun, and i found it to be a joyful union of the 2 principals. The guitar work of Hutson in BOCC was also stellar.
I hung with Bagley, did not see Vas or Hatcher, although internet evidence suggests that they were present.
Saw Phoebe at trader joe's before the show, and had awkward fan/artist interaction, which is my specialty (apparently).

Bagley

« Reply #3395 on: April 04, 2019, 05:38:53 pm »
Agree with C&C 's overall appraisal of last night's Black Cat festivities above. The highlight for me was how Conor transformed Phoebe's somber lament "Funeral" into a fuzz-laden, angry/cathartic rocker.

« Reply #3396 on: April 04, 2019, 05:44:41 pm »
BOCC
 I really liked lalalala
BOCC were really fun, and i found it to be a joyful union of the 2 principals. The guitar work of Hutson in BOCC was also stellar.
two times at the Cat to see the ladies in the last 7 days
Caught sold out Lucy D and it was a fun show, but I really love the rockers on No burden and they've dropped them from their live sets

We did get two brand new songs and an Edith Piaf La vie en rose
Night Shift was particularly rocking
So it's good she's becoming more popular...not sure I enjoyed the crowd singing (and sometimes overpowering her) on nearly every song

BOCC
this was such a gem of a show.  I enjoyed it from start to finish.  They sounded great, had great chemistry on the stage and added some rockers to counter balance the slow ones
The cover of "can't hardly Wait" was great and reminded me what a great songwriter Paul is...god why don't thy just milk it some more and play what the fans would love to hear, I just don't understand why they (or just him) doesn't tour?

I really enjoyed the reworking of the two Bright Eyes songs: Lua and Easy/Luck/Free with Phoebe on vocals

Caught half of Lala Lala and really liked their stuff
Didn't run into the many bordies who were there...but I got a good spot in the center and just didn't move the whole show
slack

hutch

« Reply #3397 on: April 09, 2019, 03:15:21 pm »
Loved loved loved Charlotte Gainsbourg at 930 last night...very dance / EDM upbeat music from new album...kinda Daft Punk/Moroder....

Only issue was it started at 830 and ended before 10.....oh well

Has nobody noticed on this board that you can no longer run a tab at 930?!? It’s like Anthem where you have to pay drink by drink or use an App (Rome?) to run a tab

« Reply #3398 on: April 09, 2019, 03:28:06 pm »
Loved loved loved Charlotte Gainsbourg at 930 last night...very dance / EDM upbeat music from new album...kinda Daft Punk/Moroder....
Only issue was it started at 830 and ended before 10.....oh well
ditto...great show, meh attendance and audience interest
crowd really loved her cover of her Dad's song to her Charlotte for Ever (and closing with Lemon Incest)

also great cover of Runaway by Kanye West

Moroder should get royalties from her show...

I was fascinated by the knob turner dude on stage
this gif doesn't really do him justice, but he was frantically turning nobs on this strange vertical set of things that go 'beep' all night long

oh and thanks for the ticket, hutch

slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3399 on: April 11, 2019, 01:26:12 pm »
Jeff Tweedy was very much enjoyed. The songs, the banter, the lithograph: all top-notch.
Afterwards said hey to the Hatch, and former raffle winner Todd711 saved me a seat up front.
Pro-Tip: they will make you an (instant) iced-coffee at the bar inside the theatre for $2.50.

nkotb

« Reply #3400 on: April 11, 2019, 01:34:57 pm »
Yeah, I had a good time.  I've never had the chance to see him solo (last show/only? show here was like a decade ago, I think?) so that was a nice treat. I've kind of dismissed Wilco as I've gotten older and their albums have gotten more boring, but hearing stripped down versions of even newer songs always make me appreciate his songwriting all over again.

« Reply #3401 on: April 11, 2019, 04:02:58 pm »
Tweedy...
I thought it was great and props to dyecraig for the hook up

As always, his banter had the crowd in stitches
I liked this bit:
JT-hey everyone, how are you doing?
Person in crowd-How are you doing?
JT-People always ask me that.  I'm kinda like the Anti-David Lee Roth.  people are asking because they are like 'is he OK?'

He also wished Bob Boilen a happy birthday and dedicated 'im the man who loves you' to him

quite a career spanning set
I was particularly excited about the Anodyne tracks New Madrid (he actually started forgetting the lyrics durring the chorus and the crowd jumped in and helped him with 'Caroms over the landfill'  one of my favorite Tweedy lines!.) and closing with Acuff Rose was a big treat for me.  Really one of his best IMO
Some of the new songs were really good...Some Birds was a stand out to me
we got a lot of the standards: via Chicago, misunderstood, jeasus etc, trying to break, Heavy metal and Passenger Side
but they all were very stripped down and bare (because it was just him and acoustic guitar)

this way 100 times better on his last appearance with 'Tweedy' at the Lincoln he did a few years ago
not quite as good as the time I caught him at the lounge Ax testing out a bunch of the yet to be released Summerteeth
also not having the 20 minute fuzz jams by N Cline was welcomed by me...at least last night

oh pro-tip....go for the balcony area close to the stage on the top and the bottom (slightly raised area against the wall, by the stage)
many seats were still open after the headliner, but people just didn't want to give up their seat to check
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:24:14 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3402 on: April 11, 2019, 05:01:40 pm »
Tweedy...
I thought it was great and props to dyecraig for the hook up

As always, his banter had the crowd in stitches
I liked this bit:
JT-hey everyone, how are you doing?
Person in crowd-How are you doing?
JT-People always ask me that.  I'm kinda like the Anti-David Lee Roth.  people are asking because they are like 'is he OK?'

He also wished Bob Boilen a happy birthday and dedicated 'im the man who loves you' to him

quite a career spanning set
I was particularly excited about the Anodyne tracks New Madrid (he actually started forgetting the lyrics durring the chorus and the crowd jumped in and helped him with 'Caroms over the landfill'  one of my favorite Tweedy lines!.) and closing with Acuff Rose was a big treat for me.  Really one of his best IMO
Some of the new songs were really good...Some Birds was a stand out to me
we got a lot of the standards: via Chicago, misunderstood, jeasus etc, trying to break, Heavy metal and Passenger Side
but they all were very stripped down and bare (because it was just him and acoustic guitar)

this way 100 times better on his last appearance with 'Tweedy' at the Lincoln he did a few years ago
not quite as good as the time I caught him at the lounge Ax testing out a bunch of the yet to be released Summerteeth
also not having the 20 minute fuzz jams by N Cline was welcomed by me...at least last night

oh pro-tip....go for the balcony area close to the stage on the top and the bottom (slightly raised area against the wall, by the stage)
many seats were still open after the headliner, but people just didn't want to give up their seat to check

Banter highlight for me:

"If we made a pie chart of everyone that has ever existed, around 30% would be dead, and the other 70% would be jealous of that 30%."  :D

shemptiness

« Reply #3403 on: April 11, 2019, 05:30:00 pm »

I noticed that as well.  Got there an hour before doors and settled on Row D right side.  My buddy wanted to go up but I was happy where we were.  Last time we neglected to notice it was seated G/A and ended up at the back of the upper balcony.

I liked Elkington's line about having to be there early because it was 'first come first served.'
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:33:32 pm by shemptiness »

hutch

« Reply #3404 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:56 pm »
Did anyone buy a shirt or poster? If so post pics please