Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1749524 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6150 on: September 28, 2017, 11:59:40 am »
There are some other potential reasons that could have something to do with it..if people bothered reading others posts they might learn something but of course they would rather think they are right in their opinion than read somebody elses

vansmack

« Reply #6151 on: September 28, 2017, 12:23:11 pm »
Point of clarity - Jules agreed with me, not the other way around.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6152 on: September 28, 2017, 12:32:38 pm »
Point of clarity - Jules agreed with me, not the other way around.
Jules has been driving the "Seth is a businessman who doesn't care about you and your worship of him is misguided" train for a decade. As always, I am at the forefront of speaking truth to power and exposing the bewildering logical fallacies of this community. (See also: ticket scalping, illegal downloading of music, Hutch is a shitbird, the moderators are generally poor at their job, et al)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:35:41 pm by Julian, a Lust for GLORY »
LVMH

« Reply #6153 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:09 pm »
It’s not an attempt at trolling. Vansmack agrees with me. If it’s not about money, then why? It’s about selling beer. Any person with half a brain knows that because NO OTHER PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION EXISTS OR HAS BEEN PROFFERED.

Maybe the bands prefer not being tied to a specific set time?
I don't know whether to mock the idea that posting a set time on a website forms an unbreakable covenant that the band cannot violate or to mock the idea that not posting the set time on a website means there is not an internal agreed upon time that the band is scheduled to go on.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #6154 on: September 28, 2017, 12:41:30 pm »
Jules has been driving the "Seth is a businessman who doesn't care about you and your worship of him is misguided" train for a decade.

11 years ago, from this very thread.  I'm sure I can find more if I needed to....

11 > 10
27>34

« Reply #6155 on: September 28, 2017, 12:50:56 pm »
Jules has been driving the "Seth is a businessman who doesn't care about you and your worship of him is misguided" train for a decade.

11 years ago, from this very thread.  I'm sure I can find more if I needed to....

11 > 10
It's cute that you take the phrase "for a decade" to literally mean 10 years to the second.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6156 on: September 28, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »
It’s not an attempt at trolling. Vansmack agrees with me. If it’s not about money, then why? It’s about selling beer. Any person with half a brain knows that because NO OTHER PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION EXISTS OR HAS BEEN PROFFERED.

how about: it requires effort, and management might not see/believe in the payoff.  staph are already busy, updating the website every day isn't high on their priorities list, someone needs to be trained in the website backend, they need to chase after whoever is responsible for daily scheduling to get set times, etc.  it's not a lot of effort, but it's some.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6157 on: September 28, 2017, 01:18:04 pm »
Vansmack agreed, which made it a legitimate argument/viewpoint from my perspective.  ;P

Best attempt at sarcasm I've heard in a long time!

Space Freely

« Reply #6158 on: September 28, 2017, 01:21:25 pm »

how about: it requires effort, and management might not see/believe in the payoff.  staph are already busy, updating the website every day isn't high on their priorities list, someone needs to be trained in the website backend, they need to chase after whoever is responsible for daily scheduling to get set times, etc.  it's not a lot of effort, but it's some.

Are you telling me Julian can hold down a job and make 20,000 posts on this website, and the people who work for the club WHO OWNS THIS WEBSITE don't have the time to post set times on the website?

« Reply #6159 on: September 28, 2017, 02:25:02 pm »

We're literally talking about tens of seconds every day there's a show. Terrible argument.
LVMH

« Reply #6160 on: September 28, 2017, 02:25:48 pm »
Are you telling me Julian can hold down a job and make 20,000 posts on this website,
I like to think of those 26,000+ posts as my real job. I "work" on the side.
LVMH

Bags

« Reply #6161 on: September 28, 2017, 03:57:04 pm »

But, again, they've been doing it for years.  It's suddenly difficult to do?

« Reply #6162 on: September 28, 2017, 04:04:37 pm »
I think the point people are missing is that, in addition to it not being on the main page, Eddie has also stopped giving us itemized set times when queried in the FAQ section as well.

This is not a redesign thing or a coding issue or the coincidental loss of a staffer. The same dude who answered the question for the last decade+ is suddenly not doing so and is not doing so consistently, in a clear 180 from a decade+ of precedence. This clearly speaks to it being a conscious, calculated decision.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:21:22 pm by Julian, a Lust for GLORY »
LVMH

« Reply #6163 on: September 28, 2017, 04:18:43 pm »

staph are already busy, updating the website every day isn't high on their priorities list, someone needs to be trained in the website backend, they need to chase after whoever is responsible for daily scheduling to get set times, etc.  it's not a lot of effort, but it's some.
The website is changed "daily" to reflect that night's show. You cannot play the "updating the website every day is hard and no one knows how to do it" card when they're literally already doing that.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6164 on: September 28, 2017, 04:19:59 pm »

Maybe the bands prefer not being tied to a specific set time?

Never arrive late for Anne-Sophie Mutter.
😐 🎶