Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268575 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3330 on: December 12, 2018, 02:40:31 pm »
She also wanted to know why I don't listen to music normal people listen to with songs about being horny and wanting to fuck.
you'd think by now she'd realize you are not a normal person

Hell, you know it and you've never even met me!
bordie self-actualization!

slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3331 on: December 14, 2018, 10:48:52 pm »
Mid show banter edition: got a free ticket to mumford and sons. Dude just said their first show waa at the birchmere, but more people came for the food than to see them play.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3332 on: December 15, 2018, 04:13:22 am »
(question for jules: is this an acceptable moment to bring up the "we're through the looking glass here, people!" thing?)
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3333 on: December 15, 2018, 11:39:54 am »
(question for jules: is this an acceptable moment to bring up the "we're through the looking glass here, people!" thing?)
Oh yeah. Let it fly.
LVMH

DotTheEyes

« Reply #3334 on: December 15, 2018, 11:52:10 am »
I thought Mumford & Sons were good.  Nice, U2- or Coldplay-style use of the space.  Marcus Mumford has a terrific voice.  Underrated band in certain circles.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3335 on: December 20, 2018, 03:37:52 pm »
Last night's show at blackcat backroom: Clear Channel, Bad Moves, Hammered Hulls, was really fun.
Clear Channel, is not readily describable, but is a funky punk mix of craziness.
Bad Moves is sublime power pop, extremely catchy, some commonality with Ex Hex, but maybe "sweeter" vocals, and all 4 members sing. Probably my favorite new band (to me) of 2018.
Hammered Hulls was great, better than I expected straight ahead punk guitars and rhythm with Alec MacKaye mumbling vocals and stumbling around the stage.
It was Ahmad's birthday, and the club brought out a cake for him and the crowd sang HB to him. Bobby Boils (Bagley look-alike) was in the house and we got to chat. I explained a lot about music and how to better position it on NPR to him.
Last show for me at the backroom.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3336 on: January 30, 2019, 03:26:55 pm »
Vegas Trip:
Puddles Pity Party --  :D :D :D :D
Van Morrisson --   :D :D :D :)
Doug Benson DLM taping:  8) 8) 8) 8)

gavroche

« Reply #3337 on: February 07, 2019, 12:28:07 pm »
Sharon Van Etten was fun at the Club last night.  My partner is short, so for the first time ever I went to the balcony.  Definitely a different experience not to have the crowd energy.  The main set really flew by and I could have had another 30 minutes when it was over.  A good mix of new and old stuff, which I appreciated, because I've only gotten through the new record a couple of times so far. Solid, fun night, but not spectacular.

K8teebug

« Reply #3338 on: February 08, 2019, 11:36:21 am »
Sharon Van Etten was fun at the Club last night.  My partner is short, so for the first time ever I went to the balcony.  Definitely a different experience not to have the crowd energy.  The main set really flew by and I could have had another 30 minutes when it was over.  A good mix of new and old stuff, which I appreciated, because I've only gotten through the new record a couple of times so far. Solid, fun night, but not spectacular.

I thought she sounded like a freed artist. My husband did not have the same opinion.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3339 on: February 08, 2019, 11:40:43 am »
I enjoyed the show, but synthy-darkness is not my favorite type of music. Bagley wasn't feeling it either. I think both of us preferred the opener.

gavroche

« Reply #3340 on: February 08, 2019, 02:36:34 pm »

I thought she sounded like a freed artist. My husband did not have the same opinion.

The only other time I've seen her was opening for the Bad Seeds, and she seemed WAY more comfortable this time around.

K8teebug

« Reply #3341 on: February 11, 2019, 12:10:18 pm »
I enjoyed the show, but synthy-darkness is not my favorite type of music. Bagley wasn't feeling it either. I think both of us preferred the opener.

We went for the opener. I hope she comes around again soon.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3342 on: February 11, 2019, 04:01:10 pm »
Really wanted to go to that but I just don't care for her new album. It's cetainly good for what it is - just not my cup of tea.

I really like everything else she has done, though.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3343 on: February 11, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »
Friday Night
We went for Pizza at Union Stage, which was hosting a sold out Bryce Vine show which attracted a demographic of young women different than that at the DBT show.
Then we got the BOGO tix at Box office, said hi to Hutch on the way in and went to the show.
I did not especially care for Erika Wenenstrom.
Was my first time seeing Lucinda. She was great, and her guitar-player was really outstanding. I think she went over her allotted time. Not sure. But played from 8:45 to 10:05ish.
Truckers went on around 10:30 and played until midnight. They were solid, but this was not a set with a lot of my favorites, and I was very tired and hot by around 11:30, making it difficult to stick it out to the end.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3344 on: February 11, 2019, 08:37:37 pm »
I was very tired and hot by around 11:30, making it difficult to stick it out to the end.

would it be fair to say that you were... challenged?
<sig>