Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268750 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3435 on: May 23, 2019, 09:54:44 am »
Shame at the Black Cat - high energy show, great crowd, Charlie Steen is a great frontman backed by a strong band.  Looking forward to their 2nd album and hopefully more shows in the near future.

« Reply #3436 on: May 23, 2019, 09:55:57 am »
FF review
Meh and sound wasn't great
glad it was only $20
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3437 on: May 23, 2019, 10:10:46 am »
FF review
Meh and sound wasn't great
glad it was only $20
Yeah, that's a really good price for Franz Ferdinand.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3438 on: May 24, 2019, 06:47:53 am »
Prob one of the best I saw this year....

Shame at the Black Cat - high energy show, great crowd, Charlie Steen is a great frontman backed by a strong band.  Looking forward to their 2nd album and hopefully more shows in the near future.
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #3439 on: May 26, 2019, 10:07:48 am »

Loads of fun last night...Passion Pit the best thing I have seen in a while...Beaches very good

Perfect modern bands...none of that sad and dated machismo...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3440 on: May 27, 2019, 08:25:05 pm »
I very much enjoyed the Felice Brothers and the Avett Brothers at Wolf Tarp on Saturday night. I got to chat with the very nice James Felice. The weather was pretty great. The food and drink we brought was well planned. The friends we hung out with were also pleasant. 4 stars, would go again. Also, the poster was nice.

K8teebug

« Reply #3441 on: May 28, 2019, 10:06:28 am »
Prob one of the best I saw this year....

I missed it. SO SAD. Just been a really rough time lately and couldn't get there :(

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3442 on: June 01, 2019, 10:05:35 am »
Bikini Kill was fine but the vocals were mixed ridiculously high in the mix. Hope they fix that for the folks at T5 tonight.

Sound system at Brooklyn Steel was really good, otherwise. Would definitely come back here to see a show.

K8teebug

« Reply #3443 on: June 03, 2019, 09:19:53 am »
They sounded great, and it was fun to see them, but holy crap is T5 awful!

bearman🐻

« Reply #3444 on: June 03, 2019, 11:55:06 am »
Saw the Damned and X in Chicago on Thursday. I don't know how on earth both bands, who have been around forever, could sound and perform that good. The Damned has Paul Gray on bass again, and they absolutely blew the roof off the place. They played the "Machine Gun Etiquette" LP, and it was pretty much perfect. They were having SO much fun. I can't recall when those guys have smiled that much. If they come back in September, which I think they might, hopefully they'll do a few more dates playing that LP. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

mekmad

« Reply #3445 on: June 03, 2019, 09:56:55 pm »
Saw the Damned and X in Chicago on Thursday. I don't know how on earth both bands, who have been around forever, could sound and perform that good. The Damned has Paul Gray on bass again, and they absolutely blew the roof off the place. They played the "Machine Gun Etiquette" LP, and it was pretty much perfect. They were having SO much fun. I can't recall when those guys have smiled that much. If they come back in September, which I think they might, hopefully they'll do a few more dates playing that LP. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

I agree, I'll go see The Damned everytime.  Why never 930 though?  Always at Black Cat.

K8teebug

« Reply #3446 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:56 am »
Saw Caroline Rose last night here in NOLA at Gasa Gasa. What a cool venue! Small and great sound. Awesome show. Can’t wait to see her again at the Otto at in July.

« Reply #3447 on: June 14, 2019, 10:23:53 am »
Lemonheads rocked.  So many good tunes in his repertoire

Got to shake hands with Tommy Stinton after the show who showed up at American Icehouse with a hot little number

Hutch got to chat it up with Tim Kaine at the side bar (apparently a huge Stinton fan) 
Sadly no pics exist, but that's OK

Come to think of it...was NKOTB there too...glad he didn't see Kaine, that would have been ugly
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:08:37 am by SideHatch-Act ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3448 on: June 14, 2019, 01:41:54 pm »
Lemonheads rocked.  So many good tunes in his repertoire

Got to shake hands with Tommy Stinton after the show who showed up at American Icehouse with a hot little number

Hutch got to chat it up with Tim Kaine at the side bar (apparently a huge Stinton fan) 
Sadly no pics exist, but that's OK

Come to think of it...was NKOTB there too...glad he didn't see Kaine, that would have been ugly

i also enjoyed the show, and the chat with Hutch and Hatch.
this stinson at Ice House thing is the kind of thing you should text me about....
i said to tim kaine: "sorry the world is so shitty." he did not really catch that, and said: "Hi, I'm Tim."

boardie Kayak meetup in Charles County next month.

nkotb

« Reply #3449 on: June 14, 2019, 02:34:42 pm »
LOL, I didn't go but rest assured I would not have talked to Tim Kaine and if I had, I would not have brought up the $57,367 from the oil and gas industry last year :)