Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268108 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3450 on: June 17, 2019, 01:12:47 pm »
Friday Night:
Brandi Carlile, Lucius, was great. I have only recently joined the Brandiwagon, and it is a really good time. Also - Merriweather has a cool new SkyLawn level of GA with some of it having great views of the stage and a dedicated bar. No extra charge, so you Lawn people have a new option. The seated bowl of MPP is much improved, all seats have good sightlines. Would like to check out the corporate Box seats at some point, but am not as privileged as the heirs to the Bagley fortune. Pretty decent falafel wrap. Short chat with Seth too. He is considering my idea for a waterslide down from the SkyLawn.

Saturday Night:
Craig Finn/Laura Stevenson was very great as well. I am obviously in the tank for all Craig Finn related endeavors. The setlist was a good mix of his solo output. There was some wholesome messaging, and the sound was better than usual (?) for the RNRH. This was my 3rd night out to shows in a row, so I was a little weary.

« Reply #3451 on: June 17, 2019, 01:57:45 pm »
talked to Tim Kaine and if I had, I would not have brought up the $57,367 from the oil and gas industry last year :)
man you really take all the fun out of being a senator
slack

Bagley

« Reply #3452 on: June 18, 2019, 09:54:29 am »

Saturday Night:
Craig Finn/Laura Stevenson was very great as well.

My wife and I enjoyed this show immensely.  Both acts were terrific.  The sound was good, the venue was not packed, Craig came on earlyish and we got to hang with C&C and his most significant other-making it a wonderful Saturday evening.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3453 on: June 18, 2019, 12:19:04 pm »

Saturday Night:
Craig Finn/Laura Stevenson was very great as well.

My wife and I enjoyed this show immensely.  Both acts were terrific.  The sound was good, the venue was not packed, Craig came on earlyish and we got to hang with C&C and his most significant other-making it a wonderful Saturday evening.

Good to see y'all too Bargman!

« Reply #3454 on: June 20, 2019, 09:04:29 am »
Perry was great at the City Winery last night (although this show pales in comparison to when JA played the club about 4 years back)
New stuff is ok and his band is kinda weak IMO
Sound wasn't that great at CW either

Got some great gems: Pets, T. Moon, Jane Says, Stop, Coming down the Mtn and I got a right by the Stooges

guy is a ham and loves to be the center of attention
Man I hope I can pull off the shirtless look when I'm 60
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:06:11 am by SideHatch-Act ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3455 on: June 20, 2019, 12:58:04 pm »
Death Carbs and Bad Bad Hats in Harrisburg was a fun show.
Small outdoor park/venue, less than 3000 attendees. Really easy to get to from Baltimore suburbs to which I have been exiled/delivered. Souls, bodies, folks following folks into the dark, teeth, glove compartments, caths, oceans happening, and so forth.
Excellent vegan tacos.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3456 on: June 20, 2019, 03:16:05 pm »
Lonely Island was a ball. Family and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The National were solid. Matt was noticeably less intoxicated than last time. Got a taste of every album, even Cherry Tree. Highlight for me was Apartment Story.

rich_WDC

« Reply #3457 on: June 20, 2019, 04:43:25 pm »
Perry was great at the City Winery last night (although this show pales in comparison to when JA played the club about 4 years back)
New stuff is ok and his band is kinda weak IMO
Sound wasn't that great at CW either

Got some great gems: Pets, T. Moon, Jane Says, Stop, Coming down the Mtn and I got a right by the Stooges

guy is a ham and loves to be the center of attention
Man I hope I can pull off the shirtless look when I'm 60

It's great to see every incarnation of Perry, even if it isn't a stellar project.    He is indeed a showman and even his subtle command of microphone control is fun to watch.       This KIND HEAVEN project fits right in.

Half of the new album is above average and rockin/danceable enough (although you'd never know it by the CW crowd)   

Nice screen graphics for some of the tunes.

Somewhat lame t-shirts, a bit surprising.

And, yes, the shirtless-look-at-60 is something to strive for

bearman🐻

« Reply #3458 on: July 14, 2019, 10:11:32 am »
Saw Belle and Sebastian and Ex Hex in Philly the other night at Union Transfer. Ex Hex recruited another bass player, and she is insanely good. It was the third time I saw them this year, and it was by far the best of the shows. Something seems to have clicked and they are really sounding terrific. Belle and Sebastian...I don't know what to say other than that was one of the best times I've had in ages. The setlist was crazy good, but I will confess that the magic of social media gave me the opportunity to request 4 songs, and ALL of them get played. I think that was just pure luck, but it was stuff they don't play often or at all. ("Seeing Other People", "Nice Day for a Sulk", "Jonathan David", and "We Are the Sleepyheads"). Other highlights were "A Century of Fakers", "The Chalet Lines", "Me and the Major", "Stars of Track and Field", and getting on stage to dance during "Legal Man" was awesome. And yeah, there's video on YouTube. They played "The Boy With the Arab Strap" as the second song, which was unusual...Stuart bitched that the barricade screwed up his plans for audience participation, but when he jumped into the audience later on and went back on stage, he got a handful of us through the stage door. Anyway, I always enjoy their shows, but this one was just off the charts fun. They all seemed to be having a fantastic time.

vansmack

« Reply #3459 on: July 14, 2019, 11:01:56 am »
They played "The Boy With the Arab Strap" as the second song, which was unusual...

They did this out here too and sets a completely different tone for the rest of the show.  Sounds like you had a blast!  Great set list.  Moseying over to youtube now....
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #3460 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:37 am »
It's Michelle Mae from the Make Up

Ex Hex recruited another bass player, and she is insanely good.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3461 on: July 15, 2019, 09:26:02 am »
It's Michelle Mae from the Make Up

Ex Hex recruited another bass player, and she is insanely good.

She's FANTASTIC.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3462 on: July 16, 2019, 11:59:01 am »
Hammered Hulls was a great time at the Fort Reno.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3463 on: July 16, 2019, 03:04:50 pm »
It was indeed a mighty great time, and I forgive them for having two new songs that suck. :P

The setlist was great and it brought me back to the first time I saw them in 2001 (Philly setlist had 3 songs from the fourth album---one review seem to suggest that a  reunion with Isobel is imminent?). 

Saw Belle and Sebastian and Ex Hex in Philly the other night at Union Transfer. Ex Hex recruited another bass player, and she is insanely good. It was the third time I saw them this year, and it was by far the best of the shows. Something seems to have clicked and they are really sounding terrific. Belle and Sebastian...I don't know what to say other than that was one of the best times I've had in ages. The setlist was crazy good, but I will confess that the magic of social media gave me the opportunity to request 4 songs, and ALL of them get played. I think that was just pure luck, but it was stuff they don't play often or at all. ("Seeing Other People", "Nice Day for a Sulk", "Jonathan David", and "We Are the Sleepyheads"). Other highlights were "A Century of Fakers", "The Chalet Lines", "Me and the Major", "Stars of Track and Field", and getting on stage to dance during "Legal Man" was awesome. And yeah, there's video on YouTube. They played "The Boy With the Arab Strap" as the second song, which was unusual...Stuart bitched that the barricade screwed up his plans for audience participation, but when he jumped into the audience later on and went back on stage, he got a handful of us through the stage door. Anyway, I always enjoy their shows, but this one was just off the charts fun. They all seemed to be having a fantastic time.
(_|_)

« Reply #3464 on: July 16, 2019, 03:43:15 pm »
-one review seem to suggest that a  reunion with Isobel is imminent?). 

no freaking way...that would be awesome
Almost got tiamrs!
What a mean tease
slack