Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268128 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4065 on: September 23, 2021, 09:51:44 am »
The first Fugees show in 15 years started three hours late last night. LOL.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4066 on: September 23, 2021, 10:00:37 am »
The first Fugees show in 15 years started three hours late last night.
Sometimes bands return and its like they never even left.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #4067 on: September 23, 2021, 01:33:29 pm »
Anyone attending should have expected that.

Yada

« Reply #4068 on: September 24, 2021, 09:52:22 am »
My first show at the Lincoln Theatre in the new abnormal times... More people without mask around me in just two rows vs. the entire night at the 930 Club last week. Showed up at 8pm since the show was sold out and ended up sitting through the opener who was quite good as well.

Leon's band was absolutey fiyah and it was great to see a frontman basically run the show. Very impressed, would see again, and his new album translated perfectly live. I've never seen really anything at The Lincoln that wasn't folkie/acoustic so I had concerns regarding the genre, but it was pristine... Also, the best crowd of any other IMP show from the past few weeks with people actually getting into the music. Old farts would've been mad that people were standing, at least in the orchestra floor seats.

Did not look at the merch...

Parking was easy as we were in the city by 5pm.

Dinner at Rooster and Owl pre show was a 8.375/10.

K8teebug

« Reply #4069 on: September 24, 2021, 10:50:17 am »
My first show at the Lincoln Theatre in the new abnormal times... More people without mask around me in just two rows vs. the entire night at the 930 Club last week. Showed up at 8pm since the show was sold out and ended up sitting through the opener who was quite good as well.

Leon's band was absolutey fiyah and it was great to see a frontman basically run the show. Very impressed, would see again, and his new album translated perfectly live. I've never seen really anything at The Lincoln that wasn't folkie/acoustic so I had concerns regarding the genre, but it was pristine... Also, the best crowd of any other IMP show from the past few weeks with people actually getting into the music. Old farts would've been mad that people were standing, at least in the orchestra floor seats.

Jealous. Glad it was a great show.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4070 on: September 24, 2021, 10:54:36 am »

Excellent, I am really looking forward to seeing Leon on Sunday up here.

Hop Along last night at Ottobar.  Packed show, with a really enthusiastic crowd, although not quite sold out. I really like this band. Francis' vocals are more of a hoarse caterwaul than a regular singing voice, and it works for me. It's an emotional bleat, and I enjoy it!

Starsky

« Reply #4071 on: September 25, 2021, 02:12:03 pm »
just had to say last night’s Bleachers show was fantastic. Just so so great….so fun. Every song sounded like a familiar 80s hit but from a parallel universe. Super energy on part of crowd. Big smiles everywhere…

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4072 on: September 27, 2021, 09:06:15 am »
Leon Bridges was a fun show at the Rams Head Live in Baltimore last night. The venue was packed, not something that occurs at my usual shows there.
Leon has the SoulRnB thing down, and the twitchy dance moves.
Excellent band backing him, and I am not gonna objectify that one back up singer, but....

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4073 on: September 29, 2021, 09:26:16 am »
Watkins Family Hour last night at Ram's Head On Stage in Annapolis.
God I love Sara Watkins, I would pay to hear her sing the telephone book.

Yada

« Reply #4074 on: September 29, 2021, 09:28:53 am »
based on rough data, challenged is winning the attending the most shows award!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4075 on: September 29, 2021, 09:35:42 am »
based on rough data, challenged is winning the attending the most shows award!
The word "winning" is doing some work here.
LVMH

« Reply #4076 on: September 29, 2021, 11:14:56 am »
can we get a challanged vs yada show count (hobo rock and backyard shows count, kid's jazz-rock ensemble shows do not)
slack

Yada

« Reply #4077 on: September 29, 2021, 11:25:28 am »
can we get a challanged vs yada show count (hobo rock and backyard shows count, kid's jazz-rock ensemble shows do not)

based on my rough estimates, I'm not even in the same league as challenged.... I'm at 11 in abnormal times.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4078 on: September 29, 2021, 11:56:29 am »

based on my rough estimates, I'm not even in the same league as challenged.... I'm at 11 in abnormal times.

22 total.
2 probably would be excluded if this were audited: a free show at brewery (although an original set, not cover), and another at a winery, where you had to pay, but it was more for access than for the band, and it was covers.

Vas has been to a bunch of shows too though, but is also wasting his nights out on comedy and musical theatre.

Starsky

« Reply #4079 on: September 29, 2021, 12:05:30 pm »
22! My lord….impressive