Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457818 times)

Yada

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2014, 05:08:00 pm »
Sounds like Julian is just a giant fat ass.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2014, 05:10:27 pm »
Did you miss the part where I don't eat at any fast food places aside from the occasional sub restaurant'a veggie offering in a pinch?

I was banned from here for years for promoting a lifestyle a morbidly obese boardie objected to as "teasing."
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2014, 05:11:34 pm »
Chipotle doesn't sell red herring, but you apparently do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
i just created a 750 calorie veggie burrito sans cheese, sour cream, and guacamole, of which an actual consumer would get at least one of if not two or three (which pushes it to 1150).

A mcdonalds Big Mac is around 550-600 calories I believe, and could be less if you leave cheese off or neglect to eat the bun -- options which only exist in the same bizarro world where someone leaves cheese and sour cream off their burrito to get it down to a "healthy," "slender" 750 calories.

If you must know, I avoid dairy-based ingredients, and get guac instead of beans.  5'11", 158 lbs.

Wow you are too skinny. You should probably get the dairy and the beans. 

atomic

« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »
Did you miss the part where I don't eat at any fast food places aside from the occasional sub restaurant'a veggie offering in a pinch?

I was banned from here for years for promoting a lifestyle a morbidly obese boardie objected to as "teasing."

I don't get your concepts.  I have extra large bones so I think the federal government states that I can be up to 200 pounds at my height.  So at 200 pounds and being 6' 2" I could eat a sensible breakfeast and a 750 burrito for lunch and dinner and not gain weight with a light activity level. 

atomic

« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »
All this talk of Chipotle has gotten me very hungry.  All I had for lunch was Yogurt,fruit and some almonds.  And I swam laps after that. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2014, 05:22:58 pm »

I don't get your concepts.  I have extra large bones so I think the federal government states that I can be up to 200 pounds at my height.  So at 200 pounds and being 6' 2" I could eat a sensible breakfeast and a 750 burrito for lunch and dinner and not gain weight with a light activity level. 
You've heard virtually nothing of "my concepts." I'll be glad to enumerate them posthaste as soon you upload a report from a doctor verifying your "extra large bones."
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2014, 05:25:51 pm »
My wife claims to be "big boned" as well. Perhaps it's part of her need to be part of the cultural zeitgeist. I never took her to be part of the school of atomic.

I'm 5'9" (5'8.75" after my accident) and have pushed north of 170, and she still calls me "frail".

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2014, 05:35:46 pm »

i just created a 750 calorie veggie burrito sans cheese, sour cream, and guacamole, of which an actual consumer would get at least one of if not two or three (which pushes it to 1150).

A mcdonalds Big Mac is around 550-600 calories I believe, and could be less if you leave cheese off or neglect to eat the bun -- options which only exist in the same bizarro world where someone leaves cheese and sour cream off their burrito to get it down to a "healthy," "slender" 750 calories.

If you must know, I avoid dairy-based ingredients, and get guac instead of beans.  5'11", 158 lbs.

According to this (and every other similar tool online http://www.healthstatus.com/perl/calculator.cgi :

"According to your height of 5' 11" your ideal healthy weight is 160 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 143 and 178 pounds."

James Ford

« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2014, 05:39:56 pm »
I would argue that someone with muscles could be 5'11" and well over 178 and still be healthy (and look good).

5'11" 143 for a guy might be considered healthy, but it sure aint pretty. (I say this as someone who was once 5'9" 143.)

According to this (and every other similar tool online http://www.healthstatus.com/perl/calculator.cgi :

"According to your height of 5' 11" your ideal healthy weight is 160 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 143 and 178 pounds."

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2014, 05:42:03 pm »
All this talk of Chipotle has gotten me very hungry.  All I had for lunch was Yogurt,fruit and some almonds.  And I swam laps after that. 

I had Chipotle for lunch :)

atomic

« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2014, 05:42:48 pm »
My wife claims to be "big boned" as well. Perhaps it's part of her need to be part of the cultural zeitgeist. I never took her to be part of the school of atomic.

I'm 5'9" (5'8.75" after my accident) and have pushed north of 170, and she still calls me "frail".

You measure the width of your bones in your elbows and your wrist circumfirence to deterimine your frame size.  Obviously if you are muscular have big bones, broad shoulders you can weigh more and still be healthy as opposed to someone who is smaller framed.

atomic

« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »

I had Chipotle for lunch :)

Oh well in 45 minutes I can go home and get something to eat. 

chaz

« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2014, 05:45:02 pm »
I would argue that someone with muscles could be 5'11" and well over 178 and still be healthy (and look good).

5'11" 143 for a guy might be considered healthy, but it sure aint pretty. (I say this as someone who was once 5'9" 143.)

For once, I totally agree with you!

Was just trying to illustrate that at his height and weight he is well within acceptable limits.

I'm 5'11" as well. about 165.  At almost 43 I can honestly say I'm in some of the best shape of my life.

Do what thou wilt, but for me, I feel so much better when I'm taking care of my physical body.

Live long and prosper, every single one of you.

atomic

« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2014, 05:47:12 pm »

Was just trying to illustrate that at his height and weight he is well within acceptable limits.

I'm 5'11" as well. about 165.  At almost 43 I can honestly say I'm in some of the best shape of my life.

Do what thou wilt, but for me, I feel so much better when I'm taking care of my physical body.

There is a guy at my job who is 120 and 5' 9" it is hard for me to not demand his lunch money.

chaz

« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2014, 05:49:36 pm »

There is a guy at my job who is 120 and 5' 9" it is hard for me to not demand his lunch money.

Whilst plummeting my darkest depths I was about that skinny.