Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 456915 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1950 on: April 24, 2020, 07:57:34 am »
Trump said China will “own” the U.S. if Biden wins.

Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

it seems it's always about projection with this guy
slack

« Reply #1951 on: April 24, 2020, 03:34:58 pm »
Just went to get my Absentee Ballot form in VA
and this is what is there now.  (my understanding for the General election in Nov, no excuse will be and option)

If you wish to avoid going to the polls on election day due to COVID-19, choose the first option. The second option requires medical approval and a mailed application.
Choose an Absentee Option

1. I have a reason or condition that prevents me from going to the polls on Election Day.
2. I am unable to go in person to the polls on election day because of my disability or illness and am likely to remain disabled or ill for the rest of the calendar year
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1952 on: April 24, 2020, 03:39:13 pm »
and this is what is there now.  (my understanding for the General election in Nov, no excuse will be and option)

If you wish to avoid going to the polls on election day due to COVID-19, choose the first option. The second option requires medical approval and a mailed application.

1. I have a reason or condition that prevents me from going to the polls on Election Day.
2. I am unable to go in person to the polls on election day because of my disability or illness and am likely to remain disabled or ill for the rest of the calendar year

Its been like this for a couple weeks. Applied for it a bit ago. You’ve gotta do it twice to get both the June primary and the November general.
LVMH

« Reply #1953 on: April 24, 2020, 04:02:09 pm »

Its been like this for a couple weeks. Applied for it a bit ago. You’ve gotta do it twice to get both the June primary and the November general.

So it still was confusing and I put in my SS and Drivers ID and still wanted me to print it out and mail it
What option did you pick on the second page for the 'reason' as covid was not an option

yes annoying you can't just pick both
slack

« Reply #1954 on: April 24, 2020, 04:20:08 pm »

So it still was confusing and I put in my SS and Drivers ID and still wanted me to print it out and mail it
What option did you pick on the second page for the 'reason' as covid was not an option

yes annoying you can't just pick both
No, if you got print and mail, you did it wrong. That is for a permanent absentee ballot for disability (I did this too at first.)

X I have a reason or condition that prevents me from going to the polls on Election Day.

X I have a reason or condition that prevents me from going to the polls on Election Day.

No print out and mail ins.
LVMH

« Reply #1955 on: April 24, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
Figured out my issue...was thinking if 6 were 9 on my driver's license
got it straightened out
slack

« Reply #1957 on: April 27, 2020, 11:55:11 am »
whoa...Roberts & Kavanaugh side w/ liberals on 2nd Amendment case
slack

« Reply #1958 on: April 27, 2020, 12:06:07 pm »
Ehh... they basically said the case did not need to be heard because the issue had resolved itself and they weren't going to deal with the hypothetical of "but what if it hadn't resolved itself."
LVMH

« Reply #1959 on: April 27, 2020, 12:18:48 pm »
Ehh... they basically said the case did not need to be heard because the issue had resolved itself and they weren't going to deal with the hypothetical of "but what if it hadn't resolved itself."
I agree
there was a lot of legalese in there, so I started to fog up (was waiting for the forum's legal team to weigh in, checking notes, jules not a member)
I still think on how the story would get played out in the media, kind of a shocker that we'd get Kav to side with ANY liberal position, especially one related to gun rights
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:20:46 pm by Nobles-hatch ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #1960 on: April 27, 2020, 12:23:53 pm »
there was a lot of legalese in there, so I started to fog up (was waiting for the forum's legal team to weigh in, checking notes, jules not a member)
I know, it’s crazy, I can read and comprehend an article despite not being an attorney. For my next trick, I will repeat off the bottle the side effects of Excedrin despite not being a doctor.
LVMH

« Reply #1961 on: April 27, 2020, 12:27:23 pm »
I know, it’s crazy, I can read and comprehend an article despite not being an attorney. For my next trick, I will repeat off the bottle the side effects of Excedrin despite not being a doctor.
Fun fact...took two this morning
Anything I should be aware of (as I didn't read them)?
slack

« Reply #1962 on: April 28, 2020, 09:06:46 pm »
https://amashforamerica.com/
lets do.....this?

Exploratory Committee
slack

« Reply #1963 on: April 28, 2020, 09:19:00 pm »
lets do.....this?

Exploratory Committee
If he actually runs and gets the Libertarian nom, this makes Michigan even more interesting and hard-to-predict.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1964 on: April 29, 2020, 02:02:38 am »
lets do.....this?

this would be an amazing development.  Amash could peel away a bunch of conservatives that don't like trump, but refuse to vote for a dem.

Amash has vehemently denied he was thinking of running.  shows you can't trust a politician.
<sig>