Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444680 times)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
The gay guy.  Who speaks multiple languages, and everyone thinks is so, adorable.

He wins.  His name is funny too, for being gay.  He, so wins.

« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2019, 10:47:00 am »
The gay guy.  Who speaks multiple languages, and everyone thinks is so, adorable.

I guess it speaks to our 'wokeness' but I think I had already read a few articles and news stories about Buttigieg
and then in one article it just said his husband blah blah blah...

It was shocking in the sense that I'd already heard a lot about him and that wasn't the headline and the only thing people were talking about (now I'm sure your news sources are slightly different)
but I'm glad that people can talk about him, his experience and his policies ....and not lead with they gay mayor from S. Bend (and has Butt in his difficult to pronounce name) 

yea people for being mature
slack

nkotb

« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2019, 10:59:51 am »
The first time I saw him speak (or even heard about him in general, I guess) when when he ran for DNC chair and they had an open debate in Baltimore.  I don't think it was even until recently, well after he announced his candidacy, that it was even mentioned in passing.  I'm not sure what I think of him politically (he's certainly better than fucking Beto), but I was similarly impressed that his sexuality isn't the lead story.

Semi-related, now that I have kids that are old enough to recognize the world around them, it's really cool how little they think of diversity. Granted they are growing up in a way more diverse area than I did, but it's wild that at 7 and 9 they recognize and talk about same sex couples without batting an eye.  Its really cool to see how quickly attitudes change, you know?

I guess it speaks to our 'wokeness' but I think I had already read a few articles and news stories about Buttigieg
and then in one article it just said his husband blah blah blah...

It was shocking in the sense that I'd already heard a lot about him and that wasn't the headline and the only thing people were talking about (now I'm sure your news sources are slightly different)
but I'm glad that people can talk about him, his experience and his policies ....and not lead with they gay mayor from S. Bend (and has Butt in his difficult to pronounce name) 

yea people for being mature

« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2019, 11:17:09 am »
better than fucking Beto
I think there are a lot of men and women would would like to be fucking beto...
slack

nkotb

« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2019, 11:22:24 am »
Buttigieg is way dreamier, IMO.

« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2019, 11:53:19 am »
Buttigieg is way dreamier, IMO.
I'm not saying a 3-way is off the table either...but we're really getting off topic

that beto was a skater, in a band and was a hacker really ups the hotness game in my book...what whatdoikno
slack

hutch

« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2019, 11:56:13 am »
Both of them are too good for this country....in terms of hotness I am with Mayor Pete and Tulsi Gabbard...maybe they could run a hot ticket

Space Freely

« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2019, 12:02:54 pm »
The bi guy, Spartacus. And Rosario Dawson.

Both of them are hot AF. They're the ones in want to have a threesome with.

« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2019, 12:43:23 pm »
So it seems if 2020 debates were turned into an orgy... we'd get a lot more people watching
Although Bernie and Biden are not invited

I think this is a good thing
VICE: 2020 Democrats are dropping like flies from pro-Israel AIPAC conference.
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8xyj5a/2020-democrats-are-dropping-like-flies-from-pro-israel-aipac-conference

But not sure the public agrees and I am sure faux news is going to shout this from the mountaintops
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »
^ unfortunately that just feeds trump's "democrats are anti-semites" narrative.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »
He's going to say it whether they attend or not, so who gives a shit?

EDIT: and also its good as hell

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:51:46 pm by nkotb »

« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2019, 01:05:36 pm »
EDIT: and also its good as hell
wait...I thought jews don't believe in Hell?  (said by a JINO...jew in name only)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:15:00 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2019, 01:14:18 pm »
exactly my point...what is the irony of it Jews overwhelmingly vote for Democratic Presidential candidates
Jexodus is their latest line of lies

We all know why the GOP loves Israel...and it's not because of the Jews there (although they are pretty conservitave there) it's because the jews need to be in Israel for end-times baby!

As a Jew I'm sick and tired of the narrative that if you are critical of anything Israel does...you are an anti-semite
not f'n true.  We should always be critical of a State no matter who it is...even our own government

but different story when it's  of a race/creed/color/gender/sexual orentiation..and dare I say religion (although I'm vehemently anti-organized religion)
off the table...unless they are committing crimes, none of those categories should be protection for the rule of law

edit...from the A-holes over at the Heratige Found
https://www.heritage.org/political-process/report/making-sense-jewish-liberalism
At the outset, perhaps we should ask: Just how liberal is the Jewish community? Shall we say, ex- ceedingly? Shall we say, devoutly? It's a cliche that is nonetheless true that Jews have the incomes of Episcopalians and vote like Puerto Ricans. -- Ruth Wisse, professor of Yiddish literature at Harvard, writes: "Jews are associated with liberal-ism the way the French are associated with wine: It is considered native to their region." Excepting blacks, Jews are the most liberal demographic group in the population.
lot to unpack there...but the article goes to lenghts to quote jews saying really offensive things
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:36:05 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2019, 02:08:02 pm »
About that exodus: Some 79 percent of Jews voted for Democrats in last year’s midterm elections, according to exit polling data, up from the 71 percent who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and the 69 percent who voted for Barack Obama in 2012. And Jews take a dim view of Mr. Trump, according to a 2018 Gallup poll that found that just 26 percent of Jews approved of the president’s performance, the lowest of any major religious group.

Should we create a rule that you're not allowed to talk about Jexodus without posting a photo of Elizabeth Pipko in her lingerie, since that's all the attention she wanted anyway?
27>34

hutch

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2019, 02:11:19 pm »
Sheldon Adelson is going to reward Trump for moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem and recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights- I think- with at least $50 million...maybe $100 million