Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443933 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2019, 02:33:13 pm »
Should we create a rule that you're not allowed to talk about Jexodus without posting a photo of Elizabeth Pipko in her lingerie, since that's all the attention she wanted anyway?

i had no idea "jexodus" was a widely used term, and i had no idea who Elizabeth Pipko was. 

so i image-searched "Elizabeth Pipko lingerie".  my day got better.
<sig>

« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2019, 02:35:13 pm »
I was coming back here to thanks Smakie for that too
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2019, 02:41:29 pm »
I was coming back here to thanks Smakie for that too

Spent some time there yesterday....quality stuff

vansmack

« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2019, 02:43:18 pm »
i had no idea "jexodus" was a widely used term, and i had no idea who Elizabeth Pipko was.

Context is important.
27>34

« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2019, 02:00:51 pm »
oh these headlines are getting depressing

Trump just got re-elected

Liberal obsession with the Mueller probe has gifted Trump the moral high ground and electoral momentum

this line is the zinger...
With few exceptions, America's liberal intelligentsia - in and outside the corporate media - always preferred to believe that one Russian was responsible for the election of a fascist, rather than 43 million Americans.

That's what concerns me the most...if for some bizarro reason we get rid of trump...what about these 43 million who thinks he walks on water

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2019, 02:15:31 pm »
jeebus.  election is a year and a half away, and the electorate has the memory of a mentally deficient goldfish.  so much can, and will, happen - mueller will be one of twenty different threads trump & the dem nom will be pulling at...
<sig>

« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2019, 02:24:13 pm »
Hey #allgoldfishmatter !
slack

« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2019, 12:48:43 pm »
So the right is really going to try hard to make the Green New Deal look like Mao's cultural revolution

I think Mike Lee is an idiot...but he dropped some serious pop culture references on the floor of congress with this speech
https://www.facebook.com/WorldCloudLA/videos/262780134640855/?t=0

few comments
1. First recorded mention of Sharknado 4 on the floor of congress (and now a part of the record)
2. Tauntaus are NOT carbon neutral...have you smelt their farts!
3. Tauntauns are a species of snow lizard ...NOT Space Lizards as Mr Lee states
4. I don't trust the veracity of his Cow quote as he didn't have a translator with him on that visit
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2019, 09:08:54 am »

nkotb

« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »
VERY COOL!!!

"Fugazi capitalism would be inclusive, consumer-friendly and ethical. It would favor the interests of small businesses over corporations. It would reject cronyism. As O’Rourke described MacKaye, he “really did represent this super-ethical way, not just of being in a band, or running a label, or putting on shows, but of just living.”

https://www.breakingviews.com/columns/cox-betonomics-would-have-certain-punk-rock-edge/

« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2019, 12:55:25 pm »
Fugazi Captialism...I gotta imagine Ian groaned when he read that

TIL
MacKaye’s personal philosophy of not drinking alcohol or taking drugs – inspired, ironically enough, by right-wing rocker Ted Nugent’s own abstentions

Wow, I dropped the nuge twice in one day...
slack

nkotb

« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2019, 12:57:17 pm »
I honestly didn't think anything would ever be worse than "Pokemon go to the polls" but this motherfucker did it!

Fugazi Captialism...I gotta imagine Ian groaned when he read that

TIL
MacKaye’s personal philosophy of not drinking alcohol or taking drugs – inspired, ironically enough, by right-wing rocker Ted Nugent’s own abstentions

Wow, I dropped the nuge twice in one day...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2019, 12:58:04 pm »
I honestly didn't think anything would ever be worse than "Pokemon go to the polls" but this motherfucker did it!
A wild incumbent appears!
LVMH

« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2019, 01:05:03 pm »
I honestly didn't think anything would ever be worse than "Pokemon go to the polls"
no man, nothing could be worse than that...while I voted for Hill...that comment alone made her unfit to be president

TIL also
Their 1989 release “13 Songs” has since gone triple platinum.

that's impressive and gotta imagine they made a healthy profit on that since there were very few middlemen
slack

« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2019, 01:53:31 pm »
this is an interesting devlopment and could tip the election a little more...
Bipartisan group introduced Puerto Rico statehood bill in Congress
I've always thought PR should be a state...Puerto Ricans have been U.S. citizens since 1917!

this I had no idea of
Since 2012, the Republican Party has included Puerto Rican statehood as an official party position in their platform. The position was ratified again in the 2016 Republican National Convention when Trump was formally chosen as the party's nominee for the presidency.
“We support the right of the United States citizens of Puerto Rico to be admitted to the Union as a fully sovereign state," the official Republican platform reads.

They must have done a lot of polling/research that PR would vote GOP??!

here was a great zinger from the asshat @ 1600
“With the mayor of San Juan as bad as she is and as incompetent as she is, Puerto Rico shouldn’t be talking about statehood until they get some people that really know what they’re doing,” Trump said in a September interview.
honestly...what does one have to do with the other
slack