Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444449 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2019, 10:18:32 am »
But of course people at this point can't see beyond Bernie and Biden.
We can see all the way to Buttigieg. We're single letter voters.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #541 on: May 14, 2019, 10:35:40 am »

Though it does seem like we've lost sight of Cory and O'Rourke.

« Reply #542 on: May 14, 2019, 10:36:42 am »

Beto is still in the alliterative mix.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #543 on: May 14, 2019, 11:05:15 am »

Beto is still in the alliterative mix.

Warren is probably kicking herself for going with the Native American angle all these years instead of just opting to call herself "Beth."

« Reply #544 on: May 14, 2019, 11:10:28 am »
2020 Dems with B
Bennet
Biden
Booker
Bullock
Buttigieg
Beto
Bernie
Beth

Bloomberg (not announced, but listed as possible)

I can here it now "Let's go with the B-team"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:12:05 am by The Sidehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #545 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:55 pm »
All but one said they would re-elect Trump if it were him versus Hillary Clinton again.

suggests that Warren's own policies are more popular with these voters than she is,

so they're saying they're not ready for a female president?

Let's face it. There have been three tickets with women on them and they all lost. I think Nikki Haley has a better chance of being the first female president than any Democrat women.

dude, you're a stats guy.  you know that you can't draw any conclusions from n=3.

I like this guy. But of course people at this point can't see beyond Bernie and Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/politics/steve-bullock-president-2020/index.html

i had never heard of this guy before this morning.  i fear that he's DOA (even if his name starts with a B).
<sig>

« Reply #546 on: May 14, 2019, 02:47:15 pm »
I like this guy. But of course people at this point can't see beyond Bernie and Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/politics/steve-bullock-president-2020/index.html

i had never heard of this guy before this morning.  i fear that he's DOA (even if his name starts with a B).
the thing about Montana Gov. Steve Bullock ...is he is a Democrat gov that won in a red state the same election that Trump won....so there is a draw to find someone who can pull in the redish vote and still be a dem
but I do agree, we are at 22 now and it's getting really hard to get name recognition
I think NOT having a b is an asset a this point
Not sure I can stick to it, but my new stance is I won't vote for the dominate "B" majority and plan on supporting anyone who does not have a B in their name
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #547 on: May 14, 2019, 02:59:32 pm »
Not sure I can stick to it, but my new stance is I won't vote for the dominate "B" majority and plan on supporting anyone who does not have a B in their name

that's woke AF, brah.  fight the power.
<sig>

« Reply #548 on: May 14, 2019, 03:07:24 pm »

there is already a logo out there

even one for you too sweets
slack

« Reply #549 on: May 14, 2019, 03:57:12 pm »

But, Sidehatch, will you see a band without a cis-female member?
LVMH

« Reply #550 on: May 14, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »

does it count if she works the merch table?
slack

« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2019, 04:45:43 pm »

Depends — is she being paid a living wage and do her benefits comply with the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act? What is the written procedure for reporting harassment claims at the merch table? #VirtueSignalling
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:47:26 pm by Julian, Thinly-Veiled Outrage IMPRESARIO »
LVMH

« Reply #552 on: May 14, 2019, 05:11:39 pm »
Depends — is she being paid a living wage and do her benefits comply with the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act? What is the written procedure for reporting harassment claims at the merch table? #VirtueSignalling
Ok this is getting complicated....since bands are essentially homeless (living out of their van) and not even a resident of a state...how do you determine a 'living wage'
do you have to pro-rate it for the actual city they are in?
I'd most certainly want to make sure that as a principle that she get paid more than any other males at the merch table (ya know reparations)
slack

« Reply #553 on: May 15, 2019, 01:44:33 pm »
beth...come on now...you got to reach out to those who are not aware of your message.  Huffpost won't win ya the primaries

Elizabeth Warren rejects Fox News town hall invite, slams network's 'hate-for-profit' model

Liz...these are the facts...
February 2019 marked a whopping 32 consecutive months for Fox News as the most-watched basic cable network in total day with 1.5 million viewers.
(although...1.5 mil doesn't sound like that much to me....)

while I agree with her thoughts on Faux (the network "balances a mix of bigotry, racism, and outright lies with enough legit journalism to make the claim to advertisers that it's a reputable news outlet. It's all about dragging in ad money -- big ad money.")
..but that is where the people go who's vote you need
and it's Free

You know who is going on ....Mayor Pete

This is going to be the litmus test for who can beat trump...you have to be able to face crowds that are against you ...in person and on twitter
and come out smelling like roses, not some wussy
The Dem who is going to win is going to be quick on their feet and not back down
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 02:01:02 pm by No 'B' for me hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #554 on: May 15, 2019, 04:02:37 pm »
Kamala just announced she'd refuse as well.

I'm torn...obviously Fox News can sink into the sea, along with everyone that's a part of it (you too, Shep), but on the flip side, providing a competing narrative probably isn't a bad thing. Not that any of the lunatics I know that are into Fox News would listen to most of the Dem candidates.

beth...come on now...you got to reach out to those who are not aware of your message.  Huffpost won't win ya the primaries

Elizabeth Warren rejects Fox News town hall invite, slams network's 'hate-for-profit' model