Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443920 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1425 on: January 20, 2020, 01:32:47 pm »
Sure, but how did that turn out?  ;D

why try to boost her?

Not that I'm a Kerry fan ....but it's important to state this again
“Senator John Kerry, the eventual Democrat nominee in 2004, was also polling in the single digits at this point in the race.”
I was more for Clark or Dean...always thought Kerry was not going be enough to beat a post 9-11 bush
slack

« Reply #1426 on: January 20, 2020, 01:40:55 pm »
Nice to see...
Is bloomberg there, you just can't see him?
tulsi made it too

Even Deval showed up...can't find Mike

how come Tom Styer brought his wife but no one else brought a partner?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:35:08 pm by an affront to the Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

« Reply #1427 on: January 20, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »
I don't think there has been a time in my life where I've been like "I love my state government"
but man...the VA dems are just tickling me pink this January

The VA Senate just passed SB 111 to allow no-excuse absentee voting.
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1428 on: January 21, 2020, 11:53:12 am »

« Reply #1429 on: January 21, 2020, 12:05:23 pm »
Hmmm, this seems divisive!

Clinton says 'nobody likes' Sanders and won't commit to backing him if he's the Democratic nominee

Anyone who is not 100% behind the nomination over Trump is "Those guys!"
I wanted to cringe when I saw this headline Hillary Clinton on Bernie Sanders: "Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him"
IMO is she shouldn't be saying this kind of stuff, only support or shut it.  We need unity, not division.

but I will end with this...it is true
he has very little support within the Democratic establishment.
he can wear it as a badge of honor...to his detriment
He too needs to build bridges and compromise with his own team if he want the nomination of the party
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1430 on: January 21, 2020, 12:28:23 pm »
Nobody likes YOU, Hillary. You're projecting more than Regal Cinemas. Just like Trump does.

nkotb

« Reply #1431 on: January 21, 2020, 12:28:35 pm »
Depends on how you define "nobody likes"...we either take the word of an establishment that is PAINFULLY unpopular, or we take the word of voters:

* He has about 1.6 million individual donations this quarter alone and is nearing a goal of five million total contributions.

* 76% favorablility vs. 17% unfavorability

* Largest rally of primary to date

If we're talking about winning elections, I know which side I'd choose. 

That said...that's not really the point, is it?  I thought we were supposed to be a united front here?  I thought this kind of rhetoric was solely the domain of Bernie Bros, who are the only ones responsible for Trump?  I'm just floored here!!!!

« Reply #1432 on: January 21, 2020, 12:32:00 pm »
I thought this kind of rhetoric was solely the domain of Bernie Bros, who are the only ones responsible for Trump?
took a while, but we finally got NKOTB to admit it
Well done boys, our work is done here

also
You know this number is mostly due to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being there...in NYC no less
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:35:11 pm by an affront to the Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1433 on: January 21, 2020, 12:33:18 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I thought this kind of rhetoric was solely the domain of Bernie Bros, who are the only ones responsible for Trump?
took a while, but we finally got NKOTB to admit it
Well done boys, our work is done here

hutch

nkotb

« Reply #1435 on: January 21, 2020, 01:05:35 pm »
LOL  you mean Bernie apologizing for something a surrogate said and stressing that he doesn't think Biden is corrupt?  Seems like that's a drive toward unity!

As divisive as this?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/bernie-sanders-apologizes-joe-biden-corruption-oped/index.html

nkotb

« Reply #1436 on: January 21, 2020, 01:07:39 pm »
Also, Zephyr is 100% correct and Trump will eat Biden alive for this stuff with Hunter.  I personally don't give a shit...the world works on nepotism and while I'd rather support someone that bucks this trend, it's dumb to pretend it doesn't exist.  But it's Hillary's emails all over again...a completely stupid controversy that will is 100% avoidable and will 100% be weaponized in the general.  Seems like we shouldn't repeat history IMO!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:10:27 pm by nkotb »

« Reply #1437 on: January 21, 2020, 01:38:50 pm »
But it's Hillary's emails all over again...a completely stupid controversy that will is 100% avoidable and will 100% be weaponized in the general.  Seems like we shouldn't repeat history IMO!
So you don't think who ever gets the nom won't have some weaponized illegitimate attack plastered all over social media...then regurgitated by the regular media....only to a few hours/days be debunked..but most people not paying attention...will miss and think this is a fact

So when the (deep fake) footage of Bernie visiting Stalin's grave and kissing the tomb gets out there, how will that be different
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1438 on: January 21, 2020, 02:18:01 pm »
Of course its silly to think they won't throw everything at the nominee.  But just like the emails, we know about it now.  Why set things up for failure again?  It's obviously not valid for anyone with a brain, but Trump ran and won on being anti-establishment & draining the swamp.  His true believers are going to continue to believe that (again, despite the reality we live in!), and Biden & Hunter represent that 100%.  And the media loves to play the both sides cared, so they certainly won't help.  Seems like an own goal pushing him to be the nominee but what do I know?

But it's Hillary's emails all over again...a completely stupid controversy that will is 100% avoidable and will 100% be weaponized in the general.  Seems like we shouldn't repeat history IMO!
So you don't think who ever gets the nom won't have some weaponized illegitimate attack plastered all over social media...then regurgitated by the regular media....only to a few hours/days be debunked..but most people not paying attention...will miss and think this is a fact

So when the (deep fake) footage of Bernie visiting Stalin's grave and kissing the tomb gets out there, how will that be different

« Reply #1439 on: January 22, 2020, 11:36:34 am »
You know this number is mostly due to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being there...in NYC no less
obviously if it works...keep doing it
Sanders’ campaign was the first to reschedule events, announcing on Tuesday that progressive firebrand U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, known as AOC, would replace him at two rallies in the crucial early nominating state of Iowa while he serves as a juror during the Republican president’s trial in the Senate.

Also she is now being the bulldog on attacking Biden...not surprising, but I'm not really sure it's going to help...but only start more in-fighting

but he's got Don's support
@realDonaldTrump
They are taking the nomination away from Bernie for a second time. Rigged!

And I'm still really miffed by Hillary and her comments, I'm not a bernie-bro...but that shit was lame and not helping

in related news: Tulsi Gabbard sues Clinton for defamation over "Russian asset" comment
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:47:42 am by Side-pettifogging ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack