Author Topic: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News  (Read 115790 times)

WALKonBack

Re: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2020, 07:05:45 pm »
I am too lazy, as stated before, to research through this thread . . . 14 pages of a "potato thread?"  Really?  Have you ever had salt potatoes?  Maybe even I have posted this before in this thread.  We had them last night again, and they are so such a divine food of the I don't know what.  You can use smaller red potatoes but it is best to use a bag of 'classic medley petite potatoes.'  Google the rest, for you have to use a fuck ton of salt in the water you boil the taters in.  The best.  With slaps of butter and light Himalayan salt and pepper.  Dear lord.  Take me, Jesus.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2020, 07:44:56 pm »
^ you forgot the dill.  the eastern european in me cannot fathom having salty, buttered potatoes without a little fresh dill in the mix.  i don't care if it's not traditional.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2020, 12:42:03 pm »
“A lot of people are very unkind about our potato,” says owner Heather (whose last name is Tate) ((!!!!!!!!!!!)). “A lot of people suggest that it would be better to wheel it down and stick it behind The Big Merino because it resembles some sort of dropping.”

But no shit, when Lewis sees something that’s big and long and brown, it makes him think of one thing and one thing only. “And that’s a big gnocchi,” Hobba tells Heather.

So he put it to her: “My idea is that you already have a Big Gnoccho, you just didn’t know it.”

How Hobba and Hing got The Big Potato to change its name

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2020, 12:46:55 pm »

Hoshino Resort Tomamu in Hokkaido is playing into Japan’s penchant for weird food combos by offering a peculiar treat for guests this autumn – potato salad gelato.

Some of the delicious flavour combinations you can expect include a vegetable-heavy salad with asparagus, corn, wasabi and white beans, a seafood-style salad with salted scallops, salmon roe, pickled squid and kombu, and even a sweet dessert style potato salad with honeysuckle jam, zunda (sweet green soybean paste), and kinako (soybean flour).

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2020, 01:04:25 pm »

Hoshino Resort Tomamu in Hokkaido is playing into Japan’s penchant for weird food combos by offering a peculiar treat for guests this autumn – potato salad gelato.
will they have a varition with rasins?
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »
Randomly placed bowls of mashed potatoes are terrorizing residents in a Jackson, Mississippi neighbourhood after several locals found bowls of the white goop nestled in mailboxes and cars.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2020, 02:27:10 pm »
potato-based terrorism... i can't take 2020 anymore.
<sig>

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2020, 02:49:54 pm »
Your Potato-terriost is my Potato-Fredom-Fighter
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2020, 01:13:26 pm »
"I've seen stories before about people finding Jesus in their food but I can never usually see it. This was just so obviously him," Halkerston continued. "I called my husband into the kitchen and he's usually really skeptical about these sorts of things. He never gets over-excited about anything but even he agreed it looked like Jesus!

Unfortunately for anyone hoping to catch a glimpse of God’s only son, Halkerston has some bad news.

She ate it.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2020, 09:44:48 am »
In an early celebration of National Potato Day, Inked Magazine features 38 of the hottest Potato Tattoos on the planet.

https://www.inkedmag.com/original-news/potato

« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2020, 09:49:10 am »
Potato in High Art

The Potato Eaters by Van Gogh:

Any plans for the big day tomorrow??

National Potato Day falls on August 19th

hmm....just found out the Potato also got a month celebration too
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:52:37 am by Hatch Immunity ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2020, 10:03:03 am »
Big plans. Big, big plans.

West Huntspill Horticultural Society has announced the winner of its potato growing competition, Stuart Clapworthy.

The society’s Jane Moreton says: “Back in early March we held a special evening at which the potatoes for our annual competition were available. Contestants then spend the next six months growing the potato in a black bag to see who could grow the heaviest crop.”

“These are normally weighed and displayed at our show in August. Well they were weighed on Saturday morning and Stuart managed to grow just over 5lbs from one potato.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2020, 10:12:57 am »
In a recent study (via Google trends), researchers identified each state's favorite potato dish. Iowa seems to have chosen onion rings...

« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2020, 10:27:23 am »
Props to MA with Gnocchi!
South Carolina...how many times do we have to tell you.  The Sweet Potato is NOT a potato

And what the heck are Fried Mashed Potato Balls and where can I get them
slack

« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2020, 09:57:40 am »
Happy National Potato Day!

Ok, I didn't realize the clash were Touring, but they snagged an opening slot for Potato

and the venn diagram is a circle with Heilung in the center for this event
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:01:31 am by Properly Hatchlinged ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack