Author Topic: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread  (Read 37753 times)

Re: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2022, 06:01:12 pm »
also to vacation to Hitlers vacation home and took pics to brag about it how it was on his bucketlist...before he was even elected

slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2022, 06:03:46 pm »
i did read about his embarrassing "marriage" (how many scaramuccis did it last?), don't remember anything about her being russian... but, checks out. 

the man is a lying dump truck of bullshit.
He very clearly married a Russian agent he was set up with and divorced her when he realized. It’s wild. You should read up on this if unaware.
LVMH

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2022, 06:51:51 pm »
Roger Hutchinson
@RogerMiles
The Russian Embassy in Lisbon. Two neighbouring houses are projecting the blue and yellow onto its facade. The ambassador is reportedly “apoplectic”
slack

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2022, 09:27:12 am »
Wow, that is amazing and I too hope she's ok.   Glad it's getting a lot of attention as that will make it harder to fall out of a 3rd story window
slack

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2022, 09:04:33 am »
slack

« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2022, 09:24:03 am »
Brave…I hope she is ok

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-antiwar-protester-who-crashed-a-russian-tv-broadcast-can-t-be-found-her-lawyers-say/ar-AAV4ebR
looks like she is, if that fine was in rubles, wasn't that big of a deal
If this didn't get the attention, she would have been 'suicided'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60749279
slack

« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2022, 11:37:49 am »

@CBCChrisBrown
A striking memorial in Lviv, #Ukraine for all the children killed by Russian attacks in the last 23 days. Market Square is full of strollers.
slack

Starsky

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2022, 02:09:31 pm »
Civilian deaths are unacceptable wether it’s the Russians or the US in Iraq and Afghanistan (don’t remember those being reported on so assiduously)

It is so sad and horrible

War is very very ugly and civilian deaths an outgrowth or byproduct of them..we really need to not get involved in war

There’s an exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum of American History…it’s horrifying.. we have been involved in wars almost constantly
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:11:20 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2022, 04:41:53 pm »
Civilian deaths are unacceptable wether it’s the Russians or the US in Iraq and Afghanistan (don’t remember those being reported on so assiduously)
I'll tell you why...they weren't White

we don't care about Somalia, Syria, or Yemen either

even at our southern border, there is a drug war that is going on (mostly because of us too) 35k death anually
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 04:45:41 pm by aburrida-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2022, 07:30:42 am »
Talk about war atrocities we don’t give a fuck about

500,000 people have died in the Tigray War in Ethiopia in the last 16 months.

"The estimate includes 50,000 to 100,000 victims of direct killings, 150,000 to 200,000 starvation deaths, and more than 100,000 additional deaths caused by a lack of health care"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 07:33:26 am by aburrida-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2022, 07:53:17 am »
Sobering

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2022, 04:53:20 pm »
^that Kyiv Calling song is great, I think Joe would be proud that his song was used
 although not with out some controversy...the band previously supported Bandera a known nazi sympathizer
Billy bragg was for, then against, now he's middling on it after the band kind of apologized

“This is deeply troubling. Stepan Bandera was a far-right Ukrainian politician who collaborated with the Nazis during the occupation of Ukraine and whose followers were complicit in the Holocaust,” commented Bragg.

https://medium.com/@tomstrummer99/kyiv-calling-how-a-clash-song-was-remade-as-a-pro-war-anthem-by-a-band-with-fascist-links-26f9d6854c00
but a lot of hard core clash fans feel that Joe wouldn't approve due to their neo-facist past...

I dunno, my biggest gripe is the bass sucks in their version...that could use some improvment

A senior NATO military officer says NATO estimates that Russia has suffered between 30,000 & 40,000 battlefield casualties in Ukraine through the first month of the war, including between 7,000 and 15,000 killed. It is NATO’s first public estimate of Russian casualties (AP).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 05:23:38 pm by Jackassery-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2022, 05:46:12 pm »
those losses are just mind-boggling. 

been reading about the issues the ruskies are having with the management of all the bodies.  they're stockpiling a lot of them, "temporarily", in Belorussia - to hide them from the Russian public.  the belorussians are running out of refrigeration space to warehouse them.  other bodies are just ignored and left on the battlefield...  The bodies of Russian soldiers are piling up in Ukraine, as Kremlin conceals true toll of war

i read that this war is costing the ruskies 20 billion dollars a day.  with their economy collapsing, they won't be able to keep it up much longer.

other random quotes i've come across:
- the ruble should be pronounced and written "rubble" ;D
- Ukrainian armed forces: "In January Putin had the second best army in the world. In March, he has the second best army in Ukraine."
- "at this rate, NATO should consider joining Ukraine"
<sig>