Author Topic: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread  (Read 37023 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2022, 03:58:46 pm »
dissent is now in the open in moscow: russian propaganda TV openly questioning the war.  ~50 local officials sign a letter asking putler the resign.  just read a story of a general who told putler to fuck off on a video call after the dictator questioned the general's competency (i.e. blamed him for the recent failures).  none of this would have occurred prior to the recent counteroffensive so it's clearly diminishing putler's power.

and the biggie: was there an assassination attempt on putler's motorcade?  it failed, but still: his movements are top secret so it had to be an inside job.  putler can't be sleeping well these days.
<sig>

« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2022, 04:01:14 pm »
Putler?  is that a new nick-name?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2022, 04:41:36 pm »
Hitler comparisons are terrible….and a very bad idea cause when you start comparing every dictator to Hitler it really minimizes what Hitler did…. I mean I remember when in the US everyone seemed to be comparing Saddam to Hitler…of course that ruler in Iran with the crazy name that starts with an A got compared to Hitler….

I really think Hitler stands alone…there is no comparison… if you go to the Holocaust Museum…it’s just a whole different level of “civilized” barbarism

Pol Pot might be the closest thing to Hitler but I don’t know deets on that…. What stands out about Hitler is the systematic and methodical manner he oversaw the killing of millions of Jews… Say Stalin’s killing of millions by starvation isn’t quite the same as concentration camps and crematoriums…

Curiously enough the US - where we seem to have a fixation with calling every dictator Hitler- stood largely silent while Hitler carried out the Final Solution. It’s an uncomfortable truth and most Americans no doubt think we stepped into World War II to save the Jews but that is just not corroborated by the evidence. Hell, when a ship full of Jews fled Europe and was off the US coast it was denied entry and the ship was sent back to Europe. A real low point in American history.

« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »
Curiously enough the US - ...- stood largely silent while Hitler carried out the Final Solution. It’s an uncomfortable truth and most Americans no doubt think we stepped into World War II to save the Jews but that is just not corroborated by the evidence. Hell, when a ship full of Jews fled Europe and was off the US coast it was denied entry and the ship was sent back to Europe. A real low point in American history.
So I'm not history expert, but I don't think that most outside of Germany actually knew what was going on in the concentration camps early on and even when we joined on the offensive in 1941
Maybe I'm just being naive here but the extent of the killings and tortures wasn't known until we entered the camps years later and the germans and their attention to details...wrote everything down, so it was even more shocking

But I do agree, there are few to compare to Hitler and will go down as one of the most henious in modern history
Although Pol Pot and Stalin are really not that far behind
and mao, that his Culture thing was responsible for millions too

but don't forget the Leopold II, King of Belgium, that was one nasty dude responsible for about 10 million congo residents...all in the name of rubber

an the US with it's genocide of the native americans...

But you are right, there is only one Hitler, but there are many atrocities done by men in modern times
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 04:52:26 pm by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2022, 04:58:34 pm »
The US knew exactly what was going on. We didn’t care…very few cared… Jews couldn’t flee Hitler because they had nowhere to go. It’s all documented. Even came out recently how Argentina had a secret policy not to take in Jews. We knew where the concentration camp where..we knew the railways that took Jews there..

Again, I do not see comparisons between Hitler and others. He did it in broad daylight over many years. He industrialized a state killing machine. There was a whole “legal” underpinning. Nobody cared. And if Jews fled Germany to say Holland Hitler still got them killed such as Anne Frank.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2022, 05:20:09 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2022, 09:20:25 pm »
x-posted on just canceled thread for polish concerts

City councilors have drafted a resolution to declare Mr Waters persona non grata, due to be voted on at a session on September 28.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63026101

Mr Waters... post entitled "Hey Łukasz Wantuch, Leave them kids alone"

I guess this is nothing totally new with him, just weird to totally ignore Russia here
slack

Starsky

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2022, 09:34:13 pm »
Like a lot of poser leftists the guy has a hard on for anything anti American even the fascist remnants of communism and the Soviet Union

It’s actually really sad

« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2022, 09:59:21 pm »
It’s actually really sad
yeah, feel like he's had some whacked stances before,
but this seems like a whole new level of insane when thousands of ukraines have died, to be such an arrogant bastard

I do think as Americans we still haven't digested that the USA has a lot of blood on it hands from the last two decades in the middle east
like 1 million deaths

Yes, unilke Russia, we were not trying to take land or resources, but the families of the dead people could care less about our intentions

So Roger can definitely point the finger at the US and be pissed at us for our foreign policy,

but how he some what lumps Poland and the Ukraine  in to that really doesn't jive at all

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2022, 06:41:38 pm »
^ nice!

for bonus points, i wouldn't have dumped a gallon or two of red pain at the entrance, so it would look like blood was pouring out of the building.
<sig>

« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2022, 08:38:52 am »
@Cokedupoptions
Elon Musk weighing in on Russia/Ukraine since he is an expert in failed takeover attempts
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2022, 07:03:01 pm »
@Cokedupoptions
Elon Musk weighing in on Russia/Ukraine since he is an expert in failed takeover attempts

that didn't age particularly well... over the past 24 hours ;D

that said, i hope to one day tweet something as cutting.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2022, 03:47:18 pm »
kerch bridge is burning down
burning down
burning down
kerch bridge is burning down
happy birthday putler!

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2022, 01:31:56 pm »
for hutch:

Kat   @marinathekat3

Argentine volunteers defending Ukraine   #UkraineRussiaWar  #ukrainecounteroffensive 

<sig>