Author Topic: 2022 - dems in disarray thread  (Read 93476 times)

Re: 2022 - dems in disarray thread
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2022, 12:55:20 pm »
so, do we thing the economy is going to trump* be more important than Roe and J6

sadly I think it will

saw this and am just concerned for the future

@NoLieWithBTC
Reminder: These hearings and this committee only exists because Democrats have a tiny 5 seat majority.
5 seats. That’s what’s keeping the hope for democracy alive. We have to expand our majorities in November

@SpiroAgnewGhost
The Supreme Court, in overturning Roe this morning, gave the best shot to Democrats to hold onto the House & Senate in November & grow the margins of the majority. If this does not motivate millions & millions of more women (& men who care) to vote, what will do so? Terrible day.

I just don't think this is going to bring out the vote in a way that will benefit the dems in 2022 /24

* I can not express how annoying it is that I can no longer use that great card playing term anymore
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:59:38 pm by useless side-tangent ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2022, 01:02:04 pm »
Expand? Try lose 45 seats! (Not my final prediction….still trying to retain hope)

I just don’t know that I feel comfortable saying Democrats can keep squeezing more and more votes from female voters. I mean I feel the margin provided by women the past few cycles is already really high.

And there are other issues…Latinos tend to be against abortion …there are Republicans and republican leaning women against abortion…Catholics tend to be against abortion…all these voters could be energized to vote (“see our vote matters!”)

Then there are Republican or say Trump Republicans who may feel energized that Trump stuck it to the liberals even if they personally couldn’t care less about abortion. They feel like they “won”…deplorables

The flip side could be demoralized Democrats…we keep voting and we can’t catch a break why bother

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:06:43 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:15 pm »
Expand? Try lose 45 seats! (Not my final prediction….still trying to retain hope)
I agree, but I posted those tweets, because they likely are wrong

jez..how is there a world where I agree with Dave Portnoy
https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1540356814579146753?s=20&t=QcrTdLNHjE6U_fQJGdmqsQ
He littlery said we need to vote for Biden!?!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2022, 01:28:45 pm »
And there are other issues…Latinos tend to be against abortion …there are Republicans and republican leaning women against abortion…Catholics tend to be against abortion…all these voters could be energized to vote (“see our vote matters!”)
(...)
The flip side could be demoralized Democrats…we keep voting and we can’t catch a break why bother

flipside: right wingnuts got what they came for.  they're all good.  no reason to rush out and vote.  meanwhile, the lefties are enraged and see that they're victims of the right's long game.  time to get up and fight/vote.

content voters tend to stay home.  pissed off voters tend to line up at the polls.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2022, 01:29:45 pm »
so, do we thing the economy is going to be more important than Roe and J6

sadly I think it will

It always is.
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2022, 01:32:39 pm »
(...)

flipside: right wingnuts got what they came for.  they're all good.  no reason to rush out and vote.  meanwhile, the lefties are enraged and see that they're victims of the right's long game.  time to get up and fight/vote.

content voters tend to stay home.  pissed off voters tend to line up at the polls.

Republicans are going to be content after two years of Biden?

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2022, 07:48:23 pm »
So maybe it the alcohol and flower

But for some reason I’m starting to feel optimistic about local elections in 2022

On the federal level, still a bloodbath
But this issue will impact local elections

Let’s talk Nov 5 , but for now I have some delusional optimism
slack

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2022, 10:57:16 am »
so...any chance that Lauren Boebert's primary turns the way of maddy?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2022, 11:07:11 am »

Was she cousinfucking too?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2022, 11:07:31 am »

probably not as that allegation about her having a Koch sugar daddy apparently didn't stick.. and all the dumb shit she does and says on a regular basis is widely reported anyways...
T.Rex

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2022, 06:18:42 pm »
yes a little early, but promising none the less as it was neck and neck in the last poll

Quinnipiac poll: Georgia Senate

Raphael Warnock 54%
Herschel Walker 44%
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2022, 09:22:28 am »
it's getting tiresome how quickly misleading information gets spread about what Biden is or isn't doing about stuff, today it's access to abortion last month it was student debt... 

feel free to keep shouting behind your keyboards and not voting or voting republican.. because when DeSantis, 45** or Abbott became president say good bye to the constitution and our feeble democracy...

remember DeSantis gets butthurt about little shit  and retaliates biggly and if 45** gets back in office hold your horses
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2022, 09:58:24 am »
This just in Biden is changing his position and is supporting a carveout exception for the filibuster to codify stuff... it's nice to have adults in charge and i'm sure he conferred with smart people on this issue..  and not a bunch of self proclaimed experts
T.Rex

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2022, 10:59:06 am »
and not a bunch of self proclaimed experts
I feel attacked
slack