Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193730 times)

eltee

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2008, 10:09:00 am »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

Originally posted by manimtired:
  she is a solid conservative.  what else would you like to know?
So is Ted Nugent. Seriously, that's the best you've got? [/b]
Hey, I just saw him in Cleveland. His tour bus has two license plates - one from Montana and the other read "No Skinny Chicks".

azaghal1981

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2008, 10:10:00 am »
Originally posted by Greer Zoller:

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I miss GGW's presence in political threads. I never agreed with him but the man knows how to argue for his candidate. And yes, that included Bush in '04.
Who was it that argued their views incessantly then didn't vote b/c the line was too long? (I'm not saying it was ggw, I'm curious who it was b/c it was funny & ironic.) [/b]
That I don't remember.
احمد

manimtired

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2008, 10:15:00 am »
this guy isnt terrified, he's giddy and elated.

Originally posted by callat703:

stfu

all im saying is that you all are talking about "omg how could mccain make this horrible choice" and im saying that it seems youre a bit uneasy/nervous about the pick.
Replace "uneasy/nervous" with "giddy/elated," and you nailed it right on the head. [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2008, 11:10:00 am »
I'm not terrified either.  But I am concerned about those who are over confident and those who are overly lowering the expectations of Governor Palin in such a way that she can only succeed in the debate.  We've seen this before...
27>34

brennser

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
listen to smackie - he is a wise one

Originally posted by vansmack:
  I'm not terrified either.  But I am concerned about those who are over confident and those who are overly lowering the expectations of Governor Palin in such a way that she can only succeed in the debate.  We've seen this before...

sonickteam2

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

Originally posted by Relaxer:

she is a solid conservative.  what else would you like to know?
So is Ted Nugent. Seriously, that's the best you've got? [/b]
i dont really feel like wasting my time convincing some liberal why im voting for a conservative ticket.  especially over the internet.

still saying..you guys just seem a tad bit on edge for her to be such a terrible pick that will surely lose mccain the election. lol. [/b]

my dentist called McCain a "dumb shit" this morning.

thought that was funny and somewhat relevant.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2008, 11:57:00 am »
i think the jokes are funny and all, but she will have little impact on the election results one way or the other. moderate republicans will get over it and undecideds will base their decisions on something else

basically her love of pork barrel spending makes me forget king kev for a couple of days
o/\o

Relaxer

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

i think the jokes are funny and all, but she will have little impact on the election results one way or the other. moderate republicans will get over it and undecideds will base their decisions on something else

basically her love of pork barrel spending makes me forget king kev for a couple of days [/b]
The thing is, the Republicans were able to concoct a complete and blatant lie about John Kerry's military service in 2004, and that might have been enough to sway a few states.

The point being, if a guy who spent the Vietnam era drinking beer at home can paint his opponent -- who won numerous combat medals for his wartime service -- as someone who doesn't understand war, anything is possible. The Republicans have demonstrated again and again that manipulation and outright lying wins elections (Max Cleland anyone?), and they will gleefully do it again this year.

Because it's so much easier to lie about the other candidate's record than to actually, y'know, come up with a compelling argument for your own.

And has manimtired come up with anything? No, he just douches that he's too busy to justify his position, while having plenty of time to smear shit in other threads. Interesting, that.
oword

sonickteam2

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »
you should end all your posts with "lol" that way you can get the message across that you are laughing at everyone!!!

manimtired

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »
i think you missed the point of this thread, or me posting in it i should say.  it wasnt "i love mccain/palin and let me tell you why i love them and why he'll be the best prez evr!!!!" it was that you libs are not "elated" by the choice of Palin but rather are a little nervous about it.  LoL

sonickteam2

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »
no matter how many times you say that its not going to make it true. should liberals be worried?   now if he had picked Liebermann...oh man!

manimtired

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by very sonick:
  no matter how many times you say that its not going to make it true. should liberals be worried?   now if he had picked Liebermann...oh man!
tell me youre joking?

ratioci nation

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »
one thing conservatives and liberals can agree on, everybody hates lieberman

sonickteam2

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »

tell me youre joking? [/b]
just trying to coax a complete thought out of you....alas, another 4 word reply

i would say you are the king of one liners but you usually dont even get that much down.

(and yes, i was joking about the senator)

manimtired

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »
ur clever.