Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193748 times)

Mobius

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2008, 08:23:00 am »
In many ways Palin reminds me a great deal of GW Bush circa 1996. . . .when he emerged on the national scene at the RNC Convention.  She has thrived with a simple focused ideology and natural charisma.  She is a great lobbyist.  She can sell the message with great enthusiasm and charisma and charm. . . . whatever the message is and whatever connection to reality it has.

On another note, the dems get accused of empty rhetoric by republicans who now pimp this 'country first' theme. so much empty rhetoric being sold by the republicans.  and the republicans love this theme of washington is broken and it takes us mavericks to fix it.  that was bush's theme and it seems that he purposely tried to break washington e.g. w/ underfunding to agencies like FDA, EPA, 'Brownie' etc.  Fool me once . . . not gonna fool me again.  Republicans want 'washington' to not work .  . . not to work better, but not to work. . . until their policies result in a crisis that they are forced to react to by an outraged public.   but they spew empty rhetoric conveying the opposite.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:00 am »
Speaking of empty rhetoric, it's kind of amazing to hear Republicans calling for "change" and railing against "Washington" when they've controlled Washington for the last eight years.  They must really think their base is stupid to buy that line.

And since the Enquirer got the Edwards story right, people might be more inclined to take this one seriously....
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2008, 08:48:00 am »
Originally posted by very sonick:
  so.....we all know that not everyone over 18 actually votes on election day, but suppose they did...suppose it was mandatory. would a republican really ever have a chance in hell?
they would only vote if they could post some winded blog into the inner clock of how the cogs of brain controlled time made them do it.  or if it came with a free downloadable soundtrack.

manimtired

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2008, 08:56:00 am »
  so.....we all know that not everyone over 18 actually votes on election day, but suppose they did...suppose it was mandatory. would a republican really ever have a chance in hell?
seeing how the 2004 election had record turnout im not sure thats true.  

vote or die.

sonickteam2

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2008, 09:12:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:

seeing how the 2004 election had record turnout im not sure thats true.  

vote or die. [/b]
the free downloadable track is a good idea.  

that 2004 turnout , while record, wasnt even 60% of voting population.

nkotb

« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
Now, I'm not one to really buy into the "liberal bias" in the media, but even I find this ridiculous:

;)

Arthwys

« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

And yes, MSNBC does have more of a liberal slant over all. It was only a matter of time before a network capitalized on that market.
This is sarcasm right?  The great majority of virtually all mainstream media has a liberal slant.
Emrys

manimtired

« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2008, 09:57:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Now, I'm not one to really buy into the "liberal bias" in the media, but even I find this ridiculous:

;)  
this might be my new screen saver

manimtired

« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2008, 10:22:00 am »
keith olberman looked like his head was going to explode from anger last night...line of the night was "she reminds me of reese witherspoons character from election" lol.  sexist much keith?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2008, 10:28:00 am »
kosmette thought some the speeches last night sounded like high school class presidential hopeful speeches as well.  does that make her sexist?  

oh wait... sexist must be the new word the cult leaders want their members to repeat endlessly this week.

besides how is it sexist to compare her to a fictional character in a movie that happens to be female.  (scratches heads)
T.Rex

manimtired

« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2008, 10:33:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  kosmette thought some the speeches last night sounded like high school class presidential hopeful speeches as well.  does that make her sexist?  

oh wait... sexist must be the new word the cult leaders want their members to repeat endlessly this week.

besides how is it sexist to compare her to a fictional character in a movie that happens to be female.  (scratches heads)
my g/f (a democrat) thought it was a low blow.  ya know..obama reminds me of (insert name of black guy running for high school office in a movie).  

you seem angry again today kosmo...relax. you guys have this one in the bag.

sonickteam2

« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2008, 10:56:00 am »
are you still mumbling about people being angry?

manimtired

« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2008, 10:58:00 am »
i think its gone from giddy, to nervous, to angry to down right bummed out in this thread.  but NO, it  has not, b/c sonick tells me so.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
i'm pretty giddy that the gop's convention seems to be centered around blaming the media. thats a losing strategy if i ever saw one
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  i think its gone from giddy, to nervous, to angry to down right bummed out in this thread.  but NO, it  has not, b/c sonick tells me so.
we'll see whos giddy on November 5th.