Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193758 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
 well, i'm sure that if she were alive, herr doom would certainly tell her that her baby barack would be a drag on her life and society at large since she was an unwed teenage mother.
She wasn't unwed. [/b]
but, the point stays the same, no?  even obama has noted that he was born to a teenage mother.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
  but, the point stays the same, no?  even obama has noted that he was born to a teenage mother.
i really dont give a shit about the point, just correcting your mistake, if her kid wants to have a kid, more power to her, doesnt make me think any more or less of Palin, her beliefs give me all I need to know about her

the only thing the kid thing does is make me think even less of republicans who moralize when its not their own house, didnt think it was possible

vansmack

« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »
  that maybe true, and it is certainly amusing to people.  what i'm simply getting at is even with safe-sex education, how do we know she still wouldn't have gotten pregnant; as well as the underlying assumption by people that she should have just got an abortion.
For the record, I've never said she should have an abortion, but I'm not shy about saying she should at least have that option available to her should she want to choose it.

But the point you're missing is that those who teach safe-sex also talk about the value of abstinence.  As a matter of fact, any good teacher will lead with it.  

The Evangelicals who talk about abstinence don't talk about the value of safe-sex (they tend to discount it all together), and that's how you get situations like the one we have here.  No one's saying you shouldn't talk about absitnenece or that teaching safe-sex would have prevented the outcome in this case, but we are allowed to attack the policies of Governor Palin and use situtations like the one she's facing here as examples as to why her policies on abstinenece only are misguided.

That, my friend, is not off limits, and worthy of a debate without being disregarded as an unfair liberal attack.
27>34

Relaxer

« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »

Originally posted by kosmo:

and biden was cleared of those plagiarism charges.
btw, i just wanted to address this. . .i frankly don't know how he was cleared of this charge.  slate has two (two!!!) articles on this, so i would perhaps direct you  to  them. [/b]
He was cleared of the charge because if you put a spotlight on any political stump speech, you're going to find plenty to poo-poo.

As these articles say, and then quickly gloss over, Biden repeatedly cited Kinnock when giving the speeches but neglected to in approximately 5 percent of the speeches he gave in that time period. The other charges are all based on a tsk-tsk level of nuance.

But if you really think this is relevant, go ahead and ignore the guy's decades of legislative work and accomplishments because he made a sloppy error 20+ years ago. That will reveal the depth of your convictions.
oword

Venerable Bede

« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

i really dont give a shit about the point, just correcting your mistake, if her kid wants to have a kid, more power to her, doesnt make me think any more or less of Palin, her beliefs give me all I need to know about her[/b]
well, according to her  wiki, obama's mom got pregnant before she got married, and the wedding was a direct result of the pregnancy. . .you can "correct" me all you want, but the facts are still the same.
OU812

Venerable Bede

« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

But if you really think this is relevant, go ahead and ignore the guy's decades of legislative work and accomplishments because he made a sloppy error 20+ years ago. That will reveal the depth of your convictions.
and, as the article notes, the stealing of kinnock's life story is only one part of biden's history.  it points out a number of other discrepancies that biden made during that campaign, and that no one has bothered to check if he's done anything since.

and yes, by all means, let's not forget his landmark bankruptcy bill that got signed a few years ago that has been a boon to consumers. . it has been so succesful, that obama already wants to  change it.  but, of course, that is simply only one instance and one not worth noting.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »
  well, according to her  wiki, obama's mom got pregnant before she got married, and the wedding was a direct result of the pregnancy. . .you can "correct" me all you want, but the facts are still the same.
jesus christ, why do i bother, this board is fucking stupid these days, right so she was a mother as soon as conception I get it

godsshoeshine

« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Originally posted by Relaxer:

and, as the article notes, the stealing of kinnock's life story is only one part of biden's history.  it points out a number of other discrepancies that biden made during that campaign, and that no one has bothered to check if he's done anything since.

and yes, by all means, let's not forget his landmark bankruptcy bill that got signed a few years ago that has been a boon to consumers. . it has been so succesful, that obama already wants to  change it.  but, of course, that is simply only one instance and one not worth noting. [/b]
so...thats a reason to vote for obama as mccain voted for it?
o/\o

Venerable Bede

« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  so...thats a reason to vote for obama as mccain voted for it?
does this  help?
OU812

Cali

« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

that maybe true, and it is certainly amusing to people.  what i'm simply getting at is even with safe-sex education, how do we know she still wouldn't have gotten pregnant; as well as the underlying assumption by people that she should have just got an abortion.
For the record, I've never said she should have an abortion, but I'm not shy about saying she should at least have that option available to her should she want to choose it.

But the point you're missing is that those who teach safe-sex also talk about the value of abstinence.  As a matter of fact, any good teacher will lead with it.  

The Evangelicals who talk about abstinence don't talk about the value of safe-sex (they tend to discount it all together), and that's how you get situations like the one we have here.  No one's saying you shouldn't talk about absitnenece or that teaching safe-sex would have prevented the outcome in this case, but we are allowed to attack the policies of Governor Palin and use situtations like the one she's facing here as examples as to why her policies on abstinenece only are misguided.

That, my friend, is not off limits, and worthy of a debate without being disregarded as an unfair liberal attack. [/b]
well said but i think the point will still be missed

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »

jesus christ, why do i bother, this board is fucking stupid these days, right so she was a mother as soon as conception I get it [/b]
I thought I read somewhere that his dad nailed some white trailer trash bitch or something like that...and that statement came from a man of the cloth.

I wonder how many 930 board members are married and how many are having sex?

sonickteam2

« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2008, 08:05:00 am »
So after listening to the first boring half of McCains speech last night, i did decide one thing.   Things should improve from now no matter WHO is elected.

manimtired

« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2008, 09:18:00 am »
i watched the speech last night but dont remember it b/c i was nearing black out drunk from watching the shitty ass redskins. skins sucking + jack daniels = wat.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:00 am »
if Palin's daughter got pregnant as a result of rape, would she be pro-life?
(_|_)

manimtired

« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  if Palin's daughter got pregnant as a result of rape, would she be pro-life?
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep brah.