Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193834 times)

Cali

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #690 on: October 01, 2008, 01:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
   Alaska is like a microcosm of America."
wow and people really love this lady.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #691 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:00 am »
not only is palin an energy expert,  she is a legal expert too!.  not that a VP needs to know anything about the supreme court other than roe v. wade... (compare to biden's responses).
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #692 on: October 02, 2008, 10:41:00 am »
I wonder if she'll get read her Miranda Rights when she gets indicted in Troopergate...
T.Rex

« Reply #693 on: October 02, 2008, 10:52:00 am »
Will all of you be terribly disappointed if Palin actually does well tonight?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #694 on: October 02, 2008, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
Honestly, yes.  I'm hoping for a major embarrassment for the GOP, though it is unlikely we'll get it since these things are so scripted.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #695 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:00 am »
sorta, in as much as i'd feel i had been deprived of some expected entertainment. but it would certainly make the election very very interesting.  

i'm not putting it past her (it's not as if the bar has been set very high for her), i love a good surprise, but what would constitute "does well" for palin?  actually answering the question with a statement of fact or on-topic informed opinion, instead of generalities and bumper-sticker slogans?
<sig>

« Reply #696 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:00 am »
"does well"=appears competent, rather than the train wreck she was in the Katie Couric interview.

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  sorta, in as much as i'd feel i had been deprived of some expected entertainment. but it would certainly make the election very very interesting.  

i'm not putting it past her (it's not as if the bar has been set very high for her), i love a good surprise, but what would constitute "does well" for palin?  actually answering the question with a statement of fact or on-topic informed opinion, instead of generalities and bumper-sticker slogans?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #697 on: October 02, 2008, 11:27:00 am »
i think she'll do ok. with debates people tend to see what they want and i think thats what we'll get here. i think the press and a good segment of the population smell blood in the water though

but yeah her not screwing up would be like a nascar race with no wrecks. same with joe, i suppose
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #698 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:00 am »

Honestly, yes.  I'm hoping for a major embarrassment for the GOP, though it is unlikely we'll get it since these things are so scripted. [/b]
i think Palin will do pretty well because i dont think its in Biden's best interest to attack her. Biden should be focusing on McCain, not Palin.

Now, if Biden wanted to play dirty he could probably tear her apart, but there's the risk of him getting all excited and saying something stupid while doing so.

I predict Biden to attack McCain, Palin to say a bunch of shit we dont understand and CNN calls it a "draw". Obama will be 9 points ahead by next Tuesday.

I simply cant imagine what would cause Obama to lose this election right now.

« Reply #699 on: October 02, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »
What if he called McCain a slack jawed cripple and Palin a beady eyed mother of a slut?

Originally posted by very sonick:

sonickteam2

« Reply #700 on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »
  What if he called McCain a slack jawed cripple and Palin a beady eyed mother of a slut?

Originally posted by very sonick:

[/b]
now thats some "straight talk"!!

manimtired

« Reply #701 on: October 02, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »
i think the fact that hes black could cause him to lose the election.

Arthwys

« Reply #702 on: October 02, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
  In an interview aired Tuesday on "The CBS Evening News," anchor Katie Couric asked Palin what publications she had read to stay informed and to understand the world.

"I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media," Palin replied. Asked for examples, she said, "Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

Asked again for an example, Palin told Couric: "I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America."
Wow.  That's a series of statements worthy of W.
Emrys

manimtired

« Reply #703 on: October 02, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
i read the internet and watch the news on tv to stay informed and understand the world.  very few actual "publications"

Vas Deferens

« Reply #704 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »
that's not acceptable for a VP candidate. She couldn't come up with something? What about PEOPLE magazine?

Originally posted by manimtired:
  i read the internet and watch the news on tv to stay informed and understand the world.  very few actual "publications"
(_|_)