Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443910 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2640 on: August 13, 2020, 10:46:41 am »
But that’s my point precisely..not even Fox News can paper over fact some Republican in Topeka breathlessly waiting on her new custom vibrator handmade by Long John Industries (a one person labor of love ran by Jennie Poker in Schenectady to supplement her husband’s income) won’t have it for the big weekend sex party because USPS is being openly fucked with... Screwing the USPS screws everyone on a personal level that no lies or hate for libtards can rationalize...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:50:15 am by hutch »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2641 on: August 13, 2020, 11:17:38 am »
my thinking unless some faux news personality is banging on about this, there is a segment of our populations who will refuse to believe it's a problem, even if that special order is delayed... it's only a matter of time for it to be declared fake news, being published by the enemy of the people...  (yikes) and boy will i be glad when twitter goes back to being all sun shiny and over the hill 90s brit bands...
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2642 on: August 13, 2020, 12:03:47 pm »
I saw something on social media that you should call your Trump loving Grandparent or Aunt/Uncle and ask if they got the card you sent them and when they say no, say, "I'm sure it'll be there in a few days." Never send a card. A week later call back and ask if they got it again and when they say no say, "Oh, that's sad. I heard on Fox News Trump is pulling funding from the Postal Service and they're having a real hard time delivering all the mail now. I'm sure you'll get it soon."

And this whole issue will be resolved within a month.
LVMH

« Reply #2643 on: August 13, 2020, 01:09:11 pm »
I saw something on social media that you should call your Trump loving Grandparent or Aunt/Uncle and ask if they got the card you sent them and when they say no, say, "I'm sure it'll be there in a few days." Never send a card. A week later call back and ask if they got it again and when they say no say, "Oh, that's sad. I heard on Fox News Trump is pulling funding from the Postal Service and they're having a real hard time delivering all the mail now. I'm sure you'll get it soon."

wow, That is genius!
too bad my parents are hardcore lefties (right handed tho) and won't work on them
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2644 on: August 13, 2020, 01:20:21 pm »

stealing this.
<sig>

« Reply #2645 on: August 13, 2020, 05:28:42 pm »
jebus...not even a vote  on a relief bill

McConnell adjourns the Senate for August, save for pro forma sessions.
Next regular session scheduled for *Sept. 8* — 26 days from today.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 05:30:31 pm by I have a tremendous growth ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2646 on: August 14, 2020, 09:05:53 am »
no need to worry gang.. Susan Collins is "concerned" about USPS.. should be solved when she gets voted out...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #2647 on: August 15, 2020, 02:55:42 pm »

« Reply #2648 on: August 16, 2020, 04:23:39 pm »
good, glad they are coming back to deal with this

Democrats call postmaster general to testify at "urgent" hearing next week

Trump defended Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a former RNC fundraising official: "He wants to make the post office great again."

ya know because he did just a great job with america
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:25:11 pm by Fire hatchnado ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2649 on: August 16, 2020, 04:26:42 pm »
Ok I get it but he will just lie and Republicans will just lie and nothing will get done about any of it

I mean these hearings don’t do anything

It’s just a political move..not saying they shouldn’t do it (to highlight issue) but..

« Reply #2650 on: August 16, 2020, 04:36:21 pm »
well I agree it won't 'do' anything
but I do think they have to act and show they are trying to protect American institutions
I think that this will have an impact on a sliver of the voters and we only need a few slivers here and there
just keep piling on the indictments and congress testimonies...it doesn't look good before an election

I can't believe either house took a break in the middle of all the insanity going on now.
could you imagine a bunch of generals being like 'hey we had break scheduled, this war can wait'
slack

hutch

« Reply #2651 on: August 16, 2020, 04:41:18 pm »
To me “acting” is accomplishing something...

I guess I remain open to being surprised but I doubt any of this will accomplish anything

Our government doesn’t work when a party representing about half the people is traitorous

I kind of think parliamentary democracy as in the U.K. is a better approach..and I been thinking along these lines for years... our “republic” is totally fucked up

« Reply #2652 on: August 16, 2020, 06:11:41 pm »
... our “republic” is totally fucked up
Yeah, the way the republicans can game the system is insane.  They will deny it, but they have a crazy built-in advantage and they act like the majority of Americans support their actions. But between the advantage, they have in congress due to all the power these rural states have and the efficiency of their voter suppression (which they are kicking into hyperdrive.) they win by just getting 25% of eligible voters
slack

« Reply #2653 on: August 17, 2020, 09:13:39 am »
I just noticed Harris has the slot right before Joe in the Dem Convention on the last night  (although the VP will be speaking on Wed

Yang and Beto got the Heisman
The Yang got an invite in the end and opens for Biden on the last night!

Leon Bridges is opening for Bernie tonight

Day 3 --get there early for the opening acts
Warren -> Billie Eilish?! -> Pelosi -> Hilliary ....-> Jennifer Hudson -> Harris -> Obama

Not sure what these preshow things are...but I'm seriously underwhelemed....who are these for

Behind The Rhyme
Watch live exclusively on Twitch and jump into the chat to let your voice be heard.
DJ set with DJ Beverly Bond!
DJ set with Vashtie!
DJ set with DJ Cassidy!
DJ set with Jermaine Dupri!

Are we supposed to know who these people are (I only heard of JD) and the ! really makes them seem important
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:21:28 am by Fire hatchnado ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #2654 on: August 17, 2020, 10:10:08 am »
I know we shouldn't get excited about this stuff....but CookPR!

Cook Political Report just shifted the senate race between Lindsey Graham and Jaime Harrison again in favor of Jaime Harrison!
slack